• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gallon Trip reset every power cycle

beren

I've seen this mentioned in other threads, but has anyone looked into it yet? It seems ever key-on the gallon trip is reset no matter what the toggle in the iQuad app is. I tried reinstalling the app from the PlayStore, and I have the adjustment set at 140%. It was set at 135% as well and was doing it. When I first had the feature it was all default and wasn't resetting. I actually had a hard time figuring out how to reset it at first.

I just went for a drive and did a pretty quick key off while I was going down the road, and as soon as the key was back on the gallons were reset back to 0. iQuad app didn't go through it's long connection setup either.

Anything else I can try? Want to borrow my unit to check? Turbo countdown works fine when I remove my key so I don't think it's a power issue.

This seems like its the same issue that's keeping me from releasing the average MPG gauge. When you set the value for the offset, sometimes, it wants to toggle it off then back on which causes it to reset. If you try to set the setting for the offset to the right value then turn it to "off" it should stop resetting. (Crosses fingers). Its really an issue with the app that needs to be looked into. 

We need to have a "reset" button that will only toggle the code (send on then off) when its pressed and not every time it connects. 

• Sad 1

I have the Google play store installed. I’ve tried reinstalling the app, re-flashing, trying the quadzilla Dev profile version changing the toggle and offset and I can’t get it to not reset. 

I’m not sure how things move under the hood but why not have the quad count how much fuel but only have the app used to offset for display. There should be no need to change or reset the trip fuel if you change the offset 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Quadzilla Power  The more I think about it the less I’m sure that it is the app doing the reset. I can “force quit end of re-open the app many times and it does not normally reset the gallon trip. If I start my truck and drive a few miles and then turn on the tablet and open the app it also shows a quarter gallon being used already. It seems to be something in the firmware not saving the value between power cycles. As soon as I turn the key off and then back on it resets to zero. I’ve also seen it very rarely reset while I’m driving but that is rare.

Are you using this 

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&ei=nMu4XPvmBoWWsAWjw734Cg&q=mini+add+a+circuit&oq=mini+add+a+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.1.41j0l7.5597.6719..7748...0.0..0.196.681.0j4......0....1.........0i71j0i22i30.AnvQpZVH5Sc#ip=1

Or supplied little thingy that quad sends to tap on fuse in driver side dash. Could be something to do with that. Maybe not as there are 2 positive wires from quad, one goes to battery and one in the dash, not sure which one can be resetting it. Check both for good connection. Also beware on what side of fuse you are tapping on, if you put it on hot side then it's not protected. Has to be going through the fuse.

Is your power level being reset after you key off and back on? If so, it could be that your Adrenaline is losing power and resetting everything. The gallon trip requires that the unit not lose power in order to keep track of the usage. 

Other than that, the only thing we've been able to find is that the app may be doing it, but I'm not 100% sure on that. 

No the power level stays at 3 and the turbo cool down timer works if I set it. I’d be happy to send the unit to you if you have a loaner to swap with if you want to diagnose it. The thing is it used to work but I think it was on a previous version maybe 2.8.3? I don’t see those available for download so I can’t downgrade to test. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, beren said:

Anyone know when the gallon trip first appeared?

Have you tried any of the above files? 

That almost sounds like your box is losing power, just happened on the other thread,  make sure it's in the right fuse in the dash

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Have you tried any of the above files? 

That almost sounds like your box is losing power, just happened on the other thread,  make sure it's in the right fuse in the dash

If it was losing power it would reset to level 0 and the turbo timer would not work. Also it used to work, and it doesn’t reset on the app being force quit and reopened so it is something with the box

Edited by beren

• Owner
2 hours ago, beren said:

If it was losing power it would reset to level 0 and the turbo timer would not work. Also it used to work, and it doesn’t reset on the app being force quit and reopened so it is something with the box

Exactly what is happen with mine I'm running 2.8.4 version. The previous worked perfect. Now its broke again.

• 4 months later...