• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

can i use v10 tank on 12v?

thanks for the replies. i have the parts truck there with the diesel fuel tank in it but the truck level with the hood with snow. are the diesel fuel lines the same size as gasser? (3/8 fuel, 5/16 return i think)

i might just swap sending units, i will probably have to drop the tank to get the filler neck off the diesel anyhow. see how it works out i guess

The parts lookup manual on this site here would benefit you greatly.  Not sure where it is on this site but it came in very handy for me when getting a new to me tank for my 01.  I ended up I think with a 96 tank and the threads were a little bit different at the top for the gas cap and I believe it was a vented or non-vented had to change the fuel cap.  The fuel modules interchange pretty easily, as far as threads at the top.  The actual size of the draw straw might make a big difference so I just put a bulkhead fitting in, 1/2 inch I believe.  A fuel module in the parts lookup tool is chapter 14, if I remember right.

Now would be a good time to upgrade your fuel system, I would not use factory lines they are too restrictive. At least a 3/8 supply and return, most of us went to half inch. The only one that stays factory is a return from vp44 and back side of the head where it meets into a T and back to tank. 

When I had my 12v I ran a 3/8 all throughout, part of reason lines were leaking and no fuel gauge, so I modified the fuel module too while at it. 

Does a stock 12v need bigger lines, probably not nether does a 24v. But if you're changing lines might as well, doesn't cost much more for piece of mind. 

I guess to PO if lines are fine and no mods/power increase on engine then should be able to reuse v10 lines, :shrug:

• Owner
On 3/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, 015point9 said:

The parts lookup manual on this site here would benefit you greatly.  Not sure where it is on this site but it came in very handy for me when getting a new to me tank for my 01.  I ended up I think with a 96 tank and the threads were a little bit different at the top for the gas cap and I believe it was a vented or non-vented had to change the fuel cap.  The fuel modules interchange pretty easily, as far as threads at the top.  The actual size of the draw straw might make a big difference so I just put a bulkhead fitting in, 1/2 inch I believe.  A fuel module in the parts lookup tool is chapter 14, if I remember right.

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/part-number-lookup-tool-2nd-gen-24v/

• 5 weeks later...