• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No turn signals...

So I just got in the truck to leave work and noticed that my turn signals are not functioning. My windshield wipers will turn on with the multi-function switch, and my hazards work. No turn signal indicator is lighting up on the dash no audible click from the blinker. Any ideas? What to check first?

Well I found the cause of the problem.  The compression fitting on the back of my fuel pressure gauge was leaking.  Ran down the line into the interior fuse panel.  Fantastic.  Closed the needle valve to prevent it leaking any more for now.  

4 hours ago, Manimalmother said:

So I just got in the truck to leave work and noticed that my turn signals are not functioning. My windshield wipers will turn on with the multi-function switch, and my hazards work. No turn signal indicator is lighting up on the dash no audible click from the blinker. Any ideas? What to check first?

Well I found the cause of the problem.  The compression fitting on the back of my fuel pressure gauge was leaking.  Ran down the line into the interior fuse panel.  Fantastic.  Closed the needle valve to prevent it leaking any more for now.  

That’s why I’ll be feeling a isspro EV2 fuel pressure gauge. I don’t need fuel in my cab! I was going to suggest multi function switch for the fix but looks like you figured it out!

I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the pod my gauge is in just for that reason. Shortly after I installed mine I smelled diesel and just wiped my finger over the hole and sure enough it was wet. Caught it before it went any where. Fixed the leak and it has been dry ever since.

You might have lost your blinker fuse in fuse box. There s 2 different kinds. One lets you know when the bulb is bad one does not. I have the one that does not. Kind of sucks to since I got a ticket for a burnt bulb in VA a few months back.

• Like 1

I want to change to push to connect fittings and a different line.  I think it killed the blinker itself.  I pulled it and cleaned it and it works now intermittently.  It's blue and looks original.  I don't have a fuse for turn signals in the cab or under the hood .  Not sure which circuit they are on.

I changed my blinker to electronic when I put led bulbs in, the one circled in yellow. I also used a push in fitting with my fuel gauge and 1/8" brake line, then I put a 1/2" fuel hose over that fitting on guage and ran it out of fire wall, so if there is a leak it will drip on the ground outside, basically I used 1/2" fuel line as conduit. @dripley has a good idea also, you'll know sooner to shut it off.