• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla tunes

Kelton killian

We are going to need to see your timing curve as well.  One thing of note, is your cruise settings seem to be maxed out, and in my experience leads to poor cruising characteristics (i.e. lots of throttle to move, and excessive fuel consumption)

Gotta bring those timing numbers up.  My pickup likes 16, 19, 23, 27, 30. Another big key is to pull timing to help the turbo spool.  The settings I use are 5* of reduction at 75% scaling, and it brings heavy torque down low.  Be careful with that single disk clutch.

• Like 2

Depending on how nice (or not nice) you are to it, you might find the clutch to slip rather easily.  

I'm at the point where my dual disk slipped for the first time the other day and I had to dial it back a touch.  So I got gun shy real quick about lots of low-end fuel.

• Like 1

• Owner
On 3/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, trreed said:

Gotta bring those timing numbers up.  My pickup likes 16, 19, 23, 27, 30. Another big key is to pull timing to help the turbo spool.  The settings I use are 5* of reduction at 75% scaling, and it brings heavy torque down low.  Be careful with that single disk clutch.

I had to back down for efficiency reasons. 15, 18, 21, 25, 27...  I notice with this the smoke level changed and was reduced. Still tears the tires loose in 3rd and 4th gear getting on the I-84. Watch the smoke if the smoke is on the top end then you most likely getting too advanced. If the smoke is down low you might need to add more timing. 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, trreed said:

The settings I use are 5* of reduction at 75% scaling, and it brings heavy torque down low.

Even with 5* at 50% is a pretty good pull of power too. Dips the timing on a pretty good amount of retard and the boost builds quick enough the tires break free. This gives you 2.5* of retard. @trreed settings give 3.75* of retard.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, trreed said:

Depending on how nice (or not nice) you are to it, you might find the clutch to slip rather easily.  

I'm at the point where my dual disk slipped for the first time the other day and I had to dial it back a touch.  So I got gun shy real quick about lots of low-end fuel.

What kind of clutch? Organic or ceramic? Or half and half?

Run of the mill South Bend 3250 dual disk. Now what I forgot is if it was the half and half unit or all one material. If I had to guess, it’s the organic/ceramic unit. 

Edited by trreed