• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I was backing my trailer into a super tight spot on a job and got distracted and kissed my mirror on a fence post breaking the mirror glass.  Right now I have on after market mirrors (EFXMRDOD98HET) as you can see here: https://www.carid.com/replace/pro-efx-driver-and-passenger-side-power-towing-mirrors-mpn-efxmrdod98het.html

I haven't been able to source replacement glass for them, and I am also unable to source just the passenger side mirror with the options I have on (heated, power, with the clearance light).  So right now my options are by another full set for $475 or by a different OEM replacement for $370.  The guy at the parts store said its for a 2010 but it will fit my 1999.  I am skeptical that it will both mount up fine and also have the controls and wiring harness match up.  The part number he gave me is CH1321315.

Does anybody know if these will mount up and work properly?  I am not super happy with the quality of the ProEFX mirrors (the drivers side doesn't sit at 90* when its folded up int he tow position) and the range of adjustability is poor.  I also don't like that if I have another misshap then I am buying a full set again.  I believe you can buy replacement glass for the OEM replacement.  The convex mirror is different which will drive me crazy having a different passenger side mirror than the drivers side mirror but one day I will rectify that.

Any advice is, as always, hugely hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried contacting who made your mirrors that you have now and get a replacement lens first thing? 

If no luck second thing... I had a right hand mirror that said the something like objects looks closer what it's supposed to be.  I didnt like backing a trailer with it.  I went to a mirror shop and they cut out a regular piece of mirror glass.  $70 or $80.  That was after I made a template out of cardboard.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I can't find the actual manufacturer, I think they are kinda set up to just go through retailers and I get the impression they do not want to be bothered.  I'm going to try to find the box they came in because I think it said they are not repairable.  I'll look into it though. Maybe I can get some glass cut.  I went into the glass shop and they didn't say they could but maybe i'll make a template and try.  Not sure what to do about the convex though, he said they can't get that.

11 hours ago, dripley said:

Just be careful, the one in the link Mike posted is for an 3rd gen but I am sure there are some for 2nd gens there too.

Thats what I'm worried about with the CH1321315 one.  The guy at the parts store said its for a 2010 but will work with mine, and I'm not convinced.

2 hours ago, Timburrr said:

Thats what I'm worried about with the CH1321315 one.  The guy at the parts store said its for a 2010 but will work with mine, and I'm not convinced.

I have heard here they do make 4th gen mirrors that the 2nd gens. Couple members have them. Just dont remember who.

Is anyone running the less expensive Ebay/amazon mirrors than the 1A auto ones with success?  Seems like the 1A auto ones have great reviews, but for a similairly optioned mirror you can save $100ish dollars.  Also is anyone running mirrors with the marker/turn signal lights?  Opinions?

I had thought about getting cheaper mirrors on Amazon, but a lot of the reviews complained of shaking.  I got the 1Aauto mirrors and they jiggle a bit when you shut the door but nothing is blurry when rolling down the road.  I really want to upgrade to the power folding/turn signal 4th gen style mirrors now from 1Aauto.  They weren't an option when I got mine a few years ago. 

I got the ones from A-1 Auto about 4-5 years now they do jiggle just a lil but nothing bad driving down the road. The ones I have are power and heated, that was the original option on my truck. Turn signals would look cool but not sure if I want to deal with wiring and they still work and look great so I'm going to leave them be for a while. Not sure if you know but you need backing brackets also for support.

10 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

I  got these ones and so far I am happy with them.  They shake when you close the door but no shake when driving.  No marker or courtesy lights one them though, just powered and heated (same as my OEM ones).

I think I like that style more than the ones I have, yours have a wider longer bubbled mirror, where the ones I used only have a smaller corner one. I actually went to parts store and got small round stick on mirrors that are adjustable and stock them next to that 1.

Yep, strong agree on the 1AAuto mirrors.  Trail Ridge brand.  I went with the 4th gen glass, power fold/heated option, and spent the time to get the marker lights to function as both running lights and turn signals, and i'm glad I did.  Makes the truck look plenty different on the road.  Wiring was a nightmare, however.

IMG_3650.JPG.383018d367a34755bd3bbf727ac8323b.JPG

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 7:31 AM, trreed said:

Yep, strong agree on the 1AAuto mirrors.  Trail Ridge brand.  I went with the 4th gen glass, power fold/heated option, and spent the time to get the marker lights to function as both running lights and turn signals, and i'm glad I did.  Makes the truck look plenty different on the road.  Wiring was a nightmare, however.

IMG_3650.JPG.383018d367a34755bd3bbf727ac8323b.JPG

I just got these mirrors since my boss is buying my old set from me.  Can you tell me how you got the mirror lights to function as marker and turn indicators?