• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MAP sensor error

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Yeah, I decided to check the WOT and boost pressure. Funny it reports my maximum boost pressure of 61 PSI:lmao::lmao2:My ISSPro gauge shows barely 47 PSI maxed out running this gauge is correct. I know that this is all MAP sensor error. I figure I'd share this tidbit.

Capture+_2019-04-01-11-51-17.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Naw. Good fuel to air right now just pointing out that my little HX35/40 hybrid is not capable of reaching 61 PSI of boost which I think is laughable. The 47 is my typical max shown on the ISSPro gauge. I'm just pointing out don't rely on the Quadzilla gauge being it just the ECM sensors that your seeing. It's good for diagnostic work, but for accuracy. It better off having a full set of gauges than relying on the a tuner gauges. (Edge Juice, Quadzilla, Smarty Touch (partially) being that 2nd Gen its still using the same sensor. As for the 3rd Gen and up I think is different but can speak for them. 

On 4/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Me78569 said:

0-16 psi from ecm, 

16 psi to whatever the sensor reads to is ecm+ sensor

The sensor might read to 40 or it might read to 50 but officially 45 is about the max from the late trucks that is reliable.

I guess what happens with people that push 80-90psi, how does qwad know how much fuel to add if sensor only goes to say 50. Guessing you just tune by smoke at that point, or dump it all in?