• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cannabis

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I'm going to say right off. I do understand that cannabis is illegal in Idaho. I understand the risks of this but I'm not using cannabis for the typical reason like general public thinks. 

When I was diagnosed with bladder cancer several friends came forward instantly telling me to get onto the CBD oils and CBD strains of cannabis. I've hooked up with several friends that got me plenty of herb for treating my cancer. I can say without a doubt that even with my daily responsibilities I've managed to sit down at night and medicate myself fairly well. Now the first thing I found out that cannabis really is a great sleep aid when you have pain from surgeries. I was very surprised how well I sleep and there is no hangover per se from cannabis use. In my case, the cannabis has managed to stop the growth of the cancer cells and stopped the bleeding in the early stage of my diagnose. 

I'd like to hear from others on this and what they learn about cannabis use and what they found in information for medical use. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
  • Staff

No wonder we are seeing a lot of old old hippies still around :thumb1:

I'm going to have to start studying up on this stuff.

Someone told me a long time ago that the system is set up to manipulate profits and the Gov't also doesn't want us to collect social security by living forever. My grampa went till 96 and always said stay away from doctors Mike.  

• Like 1

• Owner

I've only got one more surgery. 

As my neighbor here in Riggins just got wonderful news. 

Praise God ! My pet scan showed my melanoma is shrinking thanks everyone for you prayers and had my treatment and now headed home.....thank you Jesus ! 

I know hes been using RSO. Rick Simpson's Oil.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-rick-simpson-oil

We are suppose to meet up after my surgery. Share our stories and what cannabis secrets together.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was wanting to try some CBD oil for my dog Max. He is very old about 17 years old, deaf, does not see well, and has problems walking and even getting up to walk.  The wife gives him an aspirin a day which seems to help a little.  I have heard various comments about how CBD oil has helped other pet owners in our situation and wanted to try it.

The problem is that there seems to be NO standardization or much of anything with respect on how these CBD/Hemp oil products are made or marketed.  I got a 100 ml bottle of Green Roads CBD oil at a local drug store for about $27 and looked on Amazon to see what was available there.  As best I can tell, Amazon is either not allow or does not allow CBD oil sales on its website but DOES allow Hemp oil.  Apparently and as best I can tell, Hemp oil is made from Hemp seed and CBD oil is made from the entire Hemp plant.  

I am still as lost as an Easter egg on Christmas about CBD oil and Hemp oil.  Which is the better way to go?  Do they actually work?  They are expensive as hell, are there more reasonable priced alternatives?  Any help in getting me pointed in the right direction is greatly appreciated. 

If in fact these products do work, I may try them myself.  

• Owner

CBD is only half of it.

Image result for cannabis wheel

As you can see there is THC, THCa, THCv, Etc. Then CBD, CBG, CBC, CBN, etc. This you can from the actually cannabis plant. Industrial hemp (Marketed CBD) is just the CBD. THC levels are below 1% and so low there is no concern of getting high. I've tried several industrial hemps very mild pain relief no where near as strong as typical cannabis. Works great if your just trying to dull the pain a bit to make it through the day but nearly strong enough to kill the pain. The THC is the part that knocks the pain out. 

CBD stores are everywhere in Ontario, OR but do not sell any plant matter at all. All edible things candies, snack food etc. You can get tinctures and take it in a liquid form. 

In any case with edibles the starting time of relief is at least 0.5 to 1 hour out for humans.  I've seen CBD for dogs and small dog (toy sized) can get the effect in about 15 minutes. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

So, of the CBD oil that can be purchased on the open legal market, who makes the legit CBD oil?  There are 100's of brands all pushing their stuff and making wild claims.  You can't trust Amazon or online reviews anymore.  :shrug:

• Owner
12 minutes ago, LiveOak said:

who makes the legit CBD oil?

Anyone can. Basically you take the plant (flower) and soak it in a alcohol solvent (Everclear is common). This rinses all the oils out of the plant matter. Now take the solvent mixture and place it in a rice cooker outside away from spark or flame. (Explosive). Cook this down till you have just the oils left like a tar.

Image result for RSO oil

There is a problem you can use everything from rubbing alcohol, acetone, etc. Most quality oils are made with Everclear though. The cheap stuff my be with rubbing alcohol which I'm not a fan of. 

Still the problem is CBD is only half of the healing. There are now studies coming forward say that CBD doesn't cover as much as most claim because its just industrial hemp. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

So more or less what I am getting is that unless you can get some really good ganja and extract the oil from it, you are at most getting maybe half the benefit and the over the counter stuff being sold, you have no idea of what you are getting and are probably wasting your money?  

• Owner

I wouldn't say its a total waste. There is some benefits to it just partial. The other half is how much should you consume? With CBD there is no real high from its so you don't get feedback from your body like the actual THC. What happens it seems like you consuming high amounts of CBD and not really getting a feeling. Where THC reports back with that high feeling. Like I know I'm about 1 hour lag on edibles and about 15 minutes lag on smoke (even industrial hemp). To mee it seem like you consume way more attempting to get the same relief as normal cannabis. 

Another way of looking at it. Biodiesel is high cetane and lower in BTU's (CBD) and petroleum diesel is low cetane and high in BTU's. (THC Cannabis). I know this is not exact but somewhat fits. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Definitely not legal in my state.  Not worth taking a chance on a visit from the state sponsored terrorists either.  It sure would be nice if somewhere or someone posted an honest, no nonsense rating of what percent CBD oil is in legal over the counter products.  

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Killing cancer simply put by a biochemist, when THC connects to the CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptor site on the cancer cell, it induces an increase in ceramide synthesis that leads to cell death. A normal cell does not produce ceramide when it is near THC; therefore it is not affected by the cannabinoid.
The reason the cancer cell dies is not because of the cytotoxic chemicals, but because there is a small shift in the mitochondria. The purpose of the mitochondria within a cell is to produce energy for the cell to use. As the ceramide is produced, it turns up the sphingolipid rheostat. This production increases the mitochondrial membrane permeability to cytochrome c, which is vital protein in energy synthesis. The cytochrome c is then pushed out of the mitochondria, which ultimately kills the source of energy for that particular cell.
The presence of ceramide leaves no possibility of cancer cell survival. This is because it causes genotoxic stress in the cancer cell that generates a protein call p53, which disrupts the calcium metabolism in the mitochondria. Ceramide also disrupts the cell’s digestive system that produces nutrients for all cell function, and actively inhibits pro-survival pathways.
The key to the cancer killing process is the accumulation of ceramide in the system. This means that by taking THC rich cannabis extract (with the minimum of 55% THC) ,at a steady rate over a period of time the patient will keep metabolic pressure on these cancer cell death pathways.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

• Staff

Okay boss what then do I ask for at the marijuana store so I don't have to smoke nor get stoned? What's the best way?

I don't want my ambition destroyed and become a hippy the summer heat is bad enough, lol.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Owner

Like now in Ontario, OR there is Weedology and Burnt River Farms. 

I really come to like Burnt River Farms. They have a wider range of cannabis products. Now I'm going to suggest you stay to a Sativa strain of cannabis. Then lean more so on the CBD side and light on the THC side this way you can get relief of pain. Sativa strains tend to be more of a head high and don't pull you down as bad. Indica is more of body high and terms as "Indica is in the couch". Tend to make you body relax fully and great for sleeping aid. 

Like I jumped into the vape cartridges to see what it all about. I will warn you here and now the oils used are WAY WAY stronger. One toke is enough to get you ripped. I've got a tiny setup called the tank. The cartridge is a THC of 75% and just a trace of CBD. Very potent. 

DSCF4618.JPG

As for flower there is all kind out there. Like Hotbox CBD sells Hemp flower which is mostly CBD and just trace amounts of THC. Like AC/DC Hemp is one strain that is in this list. The problem is since there is little THC there is no way to sense how much dose you've taken since its won't give you any per se high. This why I tend to like some THC so you can figure out dosing and get feedback from your body. 

In any case there is no way to OD on cannabis products. The worst case would be a good night sleep.  

Like for me I enjoy the pain relief it give when I get home from work. Typically my lower back and hips are sore and hurting. No problem get everything done for the day and hit the cannabis. Now I tend to like the smoke because I now to the point that I can take a toke or two and just enough to relieve pain but not get me messed up. Still function around the house. Now once bedtime is near then I'll break out and smoke a bowl. This now gets my night time dose and I sleep good. I wake up feeling great in the morning. 

When selecting cannabis flower you want to get something that is pleasing to the nose. Most shops will bring the container to the counter and allow you to smell different strains. I've got one now called "Garlic, Mushrooms, and Onions Cookies" sounds rather nasty but the smell is of garlic and onions. When you smoke it, it has the flavor of mushrooms kind of earthy taste. 

Then like my Vape Pen is "Huckleberry Diesel" go figure a diesel head like me. First toke you taste the huckleberry flavor slightly. When you exhale the diesel flavor comes out. Kind of piney taste. 

Like at Burnt River Farms they have video boards up that show strain name, what THC and CBD amounts, then is it a Sativa, Indica or Hybrid. You going to want to find a Sativa, lo THC and more CBD if possible. Talk to the counter person and explain what your after. They will help you out in getting just what you want.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

I've made a change up in my cannabis usage. We are no longer going to use vape pens or vape cartridge cannabis. There is a few people having lung issues even with cannabis products. There is debate of the oils in the cartridges might not be absorbed well by the body and tend to harden in your lungs kind of like bacon grease would.

We switch back to strictly flower usage. Now my late birthday present I got a beautiful glass bong. Very nice piece with ice chamber included. Lot easier on the body with cold drawing of smoke.

What I did learn is that vape pens might be super high in percentage of either CBD or THC contents but your body will get use to those levels 70 to 80% THC. We where finding that cartridges where not last as long being you can consume more before feeling it. Now we are backing back down to flower that is in the 20's percent range. For me it is great muscle relaxer at night after working also great stress reliever. 

Even I've got a few friends that backed out of using RSO (Rick Simpson Oils) being that the process of making the oil is required to soak the entire flower in solvent. The problem is there is other contaminates that might be on the flower and processed into the RSO. Like my buddy he's now switch BHO and shatter being its a cleaner product. He's using it for pain relief for after his knee surgery which is much better than pain pills. 

The other thing that we changed up is we now have a herb grinder. This little grinder breaks down your cannabis in fine chopped bits and Keif is screened off in the bottom chamber. This is really nice because if you want a booster you can sprinkle on a bit of keif and it will boost the high or relief. Way less herb is wasted. 

Another thing is keeping your pipes and bong cleaned. After they start to discolor or have a foul flavor its time to clean them up. Day of old people would save the resin and smoke it again. I've tried that and it a foul flavor of everything mixed together and typically a headache is next. We use alcohol or acetone to clean everything up. Glass and aluminum pipes clean up quick and easy. On the bong it best to drain you water after every usage. I love to fill it up with ice cold water and then drop 3 ice cubes down the neck into the ice chamber. Super nice!

Still hold to my guidelines of no cannabis usage till everything is done for the day.  The only time when this can be broken is when your sick. I came down with something like the stomach flu or something. I will admit if your trying to eat and hold food down cannabis will do it. It will give you the hunger and also help with the nausea and allow you to keep functional and allow you to eat. Then a bit more after eating and it will help you sleep off the illness. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Kinda bumping this old thread....... But, my grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer in Dec 2018. She lived in Phoenix. All of the doctors said the same thing, chemo and tons of cannabis. She had smoked recreationally back in the 60's and 70's, but stopped. 

We reckon, and the doctors agree, she had very frequent heartburn but never fully treated it. She never wanted to take Prilosec or something to actually give her esophagus the time to heal completely. Went on for at least a decade like that. 

The doctors had her on both CBD oil and smoking cannabis. It really made it liveable in her last several months. She was actually starting to make a very good recovery, then the chemo killed her. Caused her to have a massive heart attack. She was very healthy and only 78. Her father was 85 and mother was 97, same story through several generations, even a few centenarians. 

On the lighter note, I have enjoyed a bit of cannabis from time to time, used to a lot more than now. I rarely do now, turn it down most times these days. I enjoyed my fair share when I tore the tendons in my ankle. It can definitely zap your want to do things for the day. Something to enjoy in the evening for sure. 

Made a lot of pipes and bongs back in the day. Favorite was the little smuckers jelly jar as a bong..... less likely to spill. Multi chambered next, hot water in the first (it cleans better), then ice water in the successive ones to smooth it out.

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1