• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Posted (edited)

I have a set of used stock injectors, pay the shipping and they will be on their way I have several sets laying around with tubes right now the ones I will send were pulled from a good running truck where my friend wanted more zing and went bigger.  All the shops around here don't charge for cores so between all of us using Cummins trucks all 5.9 only one 3rd gen rest are 2nd including my mechanic who has 3 Cummins 2nd gens are starting to pile up injectors he gave me a free set of cores so I can pass on this favor.  PM me if you want.

Edited by WiscoRedkneck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

17 minutes ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

I have a set of used stock injectors, pay the shipping and they will be on their way I have several sets laying around with tubes right now the ones I will send were pulled from a good running truck where my friend wanted more zing and went bigger.  All the shops around here don't charge for cores so between all of us using Cummins trucks all 5.9 only one 3rd gen rest are 2nd including my mechanic who has 3 Cummins 2nd gens are starting to pile up injectors he gave me a free set of cores so I can pass on this favor.  PM me if you want.

Hell yea man, I'll take em! You've got mail! 

This is why I love this website! Brotherhood of the Cummins! 

Edited by Ravewolf
Accidentally did a thing

Posted (edited)

Btw some may call me a hoarder for taking their old junk but hey the right "thing" that is someone's junk can usually be repurposed or rebuilt and maybe save my butt or someone else's so cheers to being a "hoarder" lol.

Edited by WiscoRedkneck
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Ravewolf said:

I don't, I wish I did know someone. It seems like theres a ton of air in it still. It takes forever to start, and just pours white smoke when I rev it. I cracked lines 1,3,4,and 5,and they were spraying ok. I didn't get 2 because the air horn and grid heater were in the way, and six was blocked by the lift bracket. Can I take it off and just put the bolts back in? And can I run the truck without the grid heater and air horn on? I could get all the injectors then. 

1, 3, 4 and 5 with good fuel to them should start the engine just fine. It will idle rough until all the air is out but it should run. You can run it with the intake horn off no problem. I had to hunt my lifting bracket up. Took it off 8 or 9 years ago while replacing my oe injectors. The only time you really need it is for removing the head. I did not put the bolts back in the block but cannot see them being there an issue. 

See what happens with different injectors.

15 hours ago, Ravewolf said:

Did you by any chance adjust your valves or mess with the push rod adjusters?

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Gotta ask did you tighten the injectors hold down first or the cross over tubes first?

Crossover tubes, per dynamite diesel instructions, then injectors. I also held my finger on the tubes and spun the injectors a bit to make sure they were seated. 

5 hours ago, dripley said:

1, 3, 4 and 5 with good fuel to them should start the engine just fine. It will idle rough until all the air is out but it should run. You can run it with the intake horn off no problem. I had to hunt my lifting bracket up. Took it off 8 or 9 years ago while replacing my oe injectors. The only time you really need it is for removing the head. I did not put the bolts back in the block but cannot see them being there an issue. 

See what happens with different injectors.

I will once I get a stock set. Also I'm going to try and bleed all six injectors while it's running and see if that helps. I also noticed my fp gauge was bouncing while the truck was running. I think I might have to bleed the injection pump more. All in all it just acts like there's still a ton of air in it. 

56 minutes ago, dripley said:

Did you by any chance adjust your valves or mess with the push rod adjusters?

No, I did awhile back, but they needed to be adjusted at that point anyway. Only thing I did this time under the valve cover was remove the injectors. 

• Like 1