• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2010 T Steering Drag Link Adjusting Sleeve

I took out the heavy duty lift coils and put my stock front coil springs back in. With the lift, the drag link adjusting sleeve was maxed out with the threaded ends butting each other in the sleeve. So I cut 3/4” off each threaded end so they wouldn’t bottom out. Now I have a huge gap between the threaded ends with everything roughly aligned by me. Is this a weak point or don’t worry. This is on my 01 with 2010 T style steering.89F64234-34FE-4C74-852D-07EDBA5EFA08.jpeg.0562106e862c3f1dd231b80f81aeadc4.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about it being the weak link the whole bar is hollow tube anyway. I used my original pitman arm no problem, as for rotating the sleeve it will rotate just fine just loosen the clamps enough so they stay put and don't rotate with the slave

• Like 1

What track bar is that.

Any bump steer?

That's a much much better steering then the scissor steering.

Is that a mopar 03-13 steering kit or the moog.  I've been debating getti g the moog steering ti save a few bucks

I feel that way about Luke's links. Bandaid on shitty joints.

I agree the scissor steering does work. Mines still on at 292k. But it wont be going back on when there are better options when it's time to replace and trust me time time.

I dont mind the tunning and modding to upgrade when it's time to replace and repair.

Guys dont for get about the 98,99 HD or snow plow steering. 

I've yet to tie each tire together with a solid bar so I don't know what adjustments will be required. Not sure if I'll do the 03-13 upgrade steering or 98 99 hd steering they're basically the same.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Evan said:

Is that a mopar 03-13 steering kit or the moog.  I've been debating getti g the moog steering ti save a few bucks

This is what I got, seems to be direct fit and working fine. Got it from rockauto. 20180628_173658.jpg.0e93a99febb204d46e996ed7bb6ecb66.jpg

It didn't have grease zerks, I added some. May not need them though. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

On 4/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, Evan said:

I agree the scissor steering does work. Mines still on at 292k. But it wont be going back on when there are better options when it's time to replace and trust me time time.

I dont mind the tunning and modding to upgrade when it's time to replace and repair.

I've yet to tie each tire together with a solid bar so I don't know what adjustments will be required. Not sure if I'll do the 03-13 upgrade steering or 98 99 hd steering they're basically the same.

IIRC the 98 & 99 have a different taper on the tie rod ends so won’t work on 00-02. 

• Owner
On 4/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, Evan said:

Funny the OEM tierods on my truck lasted 350k miles. Must not be too bad of a design. But I've got the reason why I kept failures down. I've never ran larger tires. I'm actually running smaller than stock size. 265's what the truck was built with. I went to 235's shortly after the 3rd year. Then recently dropped to 245's which is a 1" shorter. Now I've reduced the stress on everything and not required to upgrade at all. Even reduced the stress on driveline and transmission too. Kind of like 190k miles on my current brake pads and won't need to replace them for another 150k miles roughly. I'm in the game for longevity. 

Actually I think the tie rod  ends are all the same taper. 

But older than 01 needs to ream pitman arm taper to match 01-13 taper.

I could very well be wrong.

I'm not 100% sure what taper is on 98-99 pitman hd steering

I think you may be right.

These will help, ruff stuff also has the correct reamer. But its spendy.

Looks like the steering is only bolt on for 01 02 maybe 00.

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/INSSTEER.html