• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Meadows flooding...

• Owner

Yea... New Meadows is flooding out. My neighbor happens to catch me leaving the logging company in New Meadows and you can clearly see I'm swimming the truck across the parking lot. 

flooded.jpg

Hydrologic Outlook
IDC003-015-025-039-045-075-085-087-ORC001-025-045-082130-

Hydrologic Outlook
National Weather Service Boise ID
144 PM MDT Sun Apr 7 2019 /1244 PM PDT Sun Apr 7 2019/

...RAIN AND SNOWMELT WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR MINOR FLOODING
ALONG RIVERS AND STREAMS EARLY THIS WEEK...

A series of weather systems will impact the region through early
this week and bring periods of rain to the area. Moderate to
heavy rainfall is possible through Monday, especially across
northern Baker County, and the West Central and Boise Mountains.
Snow levels as high as 8000 feet are expected.

The combination of rain and accelerating snowmelt will cause
sharp rises on rivers, creeks, and streams with minor flooding
possible. At this time, some of the rivers that could reach
bankfull or minor flood stage early next week include the the
Silvies River near Burns, the Weiser River near Weiser, the Middle
Fork Payette River at Crouch, and Mores Creek. A Flood Watch is in
effect for the Silvies River near Burns and the Weiser River near
Cambridge and Weiser.

Areas with deep snowpack such as the Long Valley, Round Valley,
and the Camas Prairie will see increased runoff as well, which
may cause ditches to overflow, leave water standing in fields, and
impact low-lying roads.

Rivers and streams will be running high and swift. Exact impacts
of the runoff will depend on how fast the snow melts and how much
rainfall occurs. Continue to monitor the forecast for the latest
details.

Here is the river flow report in my area...

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/id/nwis/uv/?site_no=13316500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,00010

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

20190408_124956.jpg

Secondary plan is in action now. Pack the RV and move down to Parma temporarily till things settle down a bit more. Jayco is hitched up, new plate and tags. Water lines flushed of anti-freeze. All systems have been tested and ready for service. Just gotta hope that everything holds up till tomorrow.

Total rain up to this point is 2.1 inches...

Even a bit of youtube fun today...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Mopar1973Man, I think your home and shop are quite a ways above flood stage, thinking it will be okay, but your only road home and going out for MoparMoms treatments is very close to the waters edge. Smart to move out of there for sure.

We left out a couple 5 gallon buckets on the job. Monday they were almost halfway full from the same rain storm out our way.

Thank you for the video.

Edited by JAG1

Sorry hear all this. Sonds like the rain we had at the end the year. We were fortunate in that the worst flood was east of us. But we still got 30" of rain in Sept. Oct. Nov. And Dec. That is the most rain I have seen in that time period in my life.

You know whats best, just got to do it. Good luck my friend.

• Owner

I'm glad I got out. Just found out this morning from a friend in Riggins power is out and so is the internet. The river came up enough to wipe out bridge in the canyon. The debris backed up and undermined a power pole. I've been warned the roads are not safe at the current time. We are safe here in Parma, ID. 

Even in Weiser the river closed US95 and you have to take 201 to get back to Idaho. 55 is open but lots for rock slides and mud slides. We are just going to hole up in Parma for now.

Just made contact with @IBMobile and @IBMOBILE-JEN and let them know how I'm doing.  I'm being informed by many up in my home area that it just not safe to return. Weather back home is continual rain till most likely next Tuesday. MoparMom will be able to continue here dialysis treatments and we have shelter and food. 

Big thanks go out to @Smarty Support and Gary & Mary that let me park on there land to stay with the RV. 

20190410_113449.jpg20190410_113504.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Our previous mail lady was good friend of the family. Betty Holderness she delivered mail till cancer took her life. She drove over 520k miles on a Subaru. She never missed a work day and always got the mail delivered. 

I liked Betty the moment I met her. She was the coolest most resourceful person I ever met. A very diligent lady living alone right on the banks of the Salmon river and her story I'll never forget.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

Nice to be back home. Wow! what an adventure. 

I can say living in the rim area of big cities you might not have to travel far or get fuel often being the distance is shorter but MPG sure sucks. For that week of being in Parma, ID and running back and forth to Ontario I barely made 16.61 MPG. Ugh! I'm getting back on track and be rolling from home from here on out. 

As for the flooded area, it's like a bad dream it all vanished like it never happened. The mudslides you can see the mud and debris around the edge of the road. Then the belly washes are still present for the smaller one. The river flows are down for both Weiser River and Little Salmon River. 

Like this morning it's raining again. :duh: I'm going to keep an eye on the weather forecast and what I see in the rivers again. It is so nice to be back home.

• Like 4