• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Being I'm packing up the RV I started thinking about the lighting in the RV. I found an Amazon page that has LED lights in sets of 20 for cheap $13 for all 20 LED lights. That's a mere 67 cents a bulb. I can change out all my lights in the RV for next to nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076V9XXW6/

819XyjiBKkL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Not saying those LEDs that you linked to our good or bad.

We found a good deal two or three years ago swapped out everything and within the first three months about four bulbs burn out.  And a terrible smell that lingered. Smelled like burnt plastic and wire,  the only thing that got out the terrible smell was burning a scented candle.   

Made big difference with battery life.  Very noticeable of how much longer we can go without having to recharge the batteries.  

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Thanks... Ill be careful and see what happens. It got to be better than bulbs now that continue to melt the lens in my bedroom. Ugh...

We had same problem.  Wife wanted new lens.  Actually found new entire light cheaper.  Back side of light had manf info.  

• Staff

We did the cheap LED upgrade a couple years ago and barely made it one season. Weak light output and lots of bulb failures. When I pulled them out the next off season every board looked cooked and most the LED's looked burned out... no wonder they were weak on light. 

I ended up installing 3 Manputo LED utility lights in the main area and "master". I got nicer LED's for the remaining fixtures, and they seem to be holding up well. 

I have a Toyhauler that just turned a year old in January and every light inside and outside is LED.  They are great.  Tons of light everywhere.  Still have old hauler with incandescent and man are they dim by comparison.  I'm sure you will love them once you get kinks worked out.  Not sure how come the pic is sideways but I can't seem to change it,   =(  =(

SVNeIqneqixsj4CUuVFwPg4nltXXbVtUJ8HisAl5puX-s0pdq6aGwM7tSM7d8nNfITOK5orCVWKE1w04pcSOgoHYgxJTIHWTvFPUnGJML6MpwnhTZ0i8nzaSajihxFyyabou4wh2He0PX0hQGckQqpCEpDQcTQL2wZcVLn1GasjjT8M7fz9Et9mX7J4sMmBLfTlEnzIclgju36En2KHYF0RmxImE96QJrU_vmxbXUZXGg2HhXxbuV1c2mgORUU2xryc2cbXPKRf2qJUJPMnnpw_mAlFK9MPA-kgdu9f7kMQML2n0avy4HEF6OrOozJvhrFWGYpW2NVoHgPPjQJPs_Mpdm9EaboII0mm-KkFRpbpfBqY_1liAp_EEGeVNu3nHDEd0t7psKH6pF-DjiQgFf9WNimUwXAhkz7-kjUlagmDf7cd2HvIYgNYIkrd125OtSp2xOo4v_ozY30Nl2jo3vNpkSibjeOIhgrhv0pIapzwWWogTpbLzo0y4V-rPHXlWpGIy2FWS317E13mIKHfcOXafvscq0T6wzx8AxVzfz23QdYvtiluS5e5vhb5ctm2BwtlZbkP_aK2SR-rbiQTEqQgd83Qm-dWq3RvwqtwOC5LPXSJ7mVDFluEgeL5w9mYslItz7BjVaNn5Hrjf3OcJiOKLymVzhak=w363-h643-no

• Staff
7 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I put these in my 5er and could not be happier.   They are supper bright with little power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDFM66E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Same brand as the POS ones I bought in 2014, but I notice that the ones I bought in 2014 now have a warning attached stating they aren't for use above 13V, which will cause burnouts... sure explains it!!!

Those look like they are designed for the higher voltage, and should be good. 

• Staff

@AH64ID I know the ones you are talking about and when I bought these It was mentioned in the reviews about that problem and to buy the higher rated blubs. 

They were installed just before the solar eclipse trip in August 2017.  Both @Mopar1973Manand @JAG1 have seen how bright they are.   I've done several 4 and 5 week trips since then with having no problems with them.

• Like 1

• Staff
8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

@AH64ID I know the ones you are talking about and when I bought these It was mentioned in the reviews about that problem and to buy the higher rated blubs. 

They were installed just before the solar eclipse trip in August 2017.  Both @Mopar1973Manand @JAG1 have seen how bright they are.   I've done several 4 and 5 week trips since then with having no problems with them.

Except they attracted a bajillion bugs as soon as I opened the door just to go in for a visit. We were vacuuming for at least an hour and his poor wife, a real lady, was wondering what in world did we get ourselves into.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Got them installed. I used every single blub. All 20 got used. I'm doing a full run test. I've got all the light on while I'm here at the RV and test to see any get hot.

Here you go...

20190416_130809.jpg

Glad it worked out for you. Also glad that Mopar mom can get in and out of RV. Gives you lots of options in case flooding or whatever and she can still get medical care or travel to safer place.  

I accidentally left an LED light on in the front pass through storage area and 2 days later when I noticed it on, nothing burnt or anything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best lighting to have when boon docking, your battery’s will thank you

I installed this DC power battery monitor along with the solar power in my old rv, the pic shows the current of 1 led light on,  and the carbon monoxide detector which is always drawing power too. The Led bulbs are fraction of what a regular 12v bulb would be. 

Unfortunately when my RV got totaled I forgot to take all the led bulbs out so now I got to buy some more 

EBD461F7-5AA6-4A5D-823D-9937503A061A.jpeg

B821D410-4A04-4E06-B525-44B8B8FED38E.jpeg

A worthwhile gadget to have when dry camping.  about $20.00 

• Like 1