• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost fooled turn buckled hy35

Towing for the first time since plugging in boost foother.

7x09 injectors have been running toasty had to peddle off egts on most all grades while towing even light loads. With heavy loads 10k machin 5k trailer your have really watch it on flat ground.

Pulling the few grades from mtn home to Jerome Cruise is on at 1800rpm pulling 30lbs of boost on grades that are 3 or so miles long hottest I saw was 1100 before I'd be peddling of the maintain 1200 and easily saw 1400.

On the way back theres a steeper longer grade. I'll see what it does there I expect 1200ish and more boost.

So far this boost fooler seems to be working wonders on reducing egts. Though the little hy35 is really working.

I'll be alittle heavier come back with metal on the trailer but not much heavier. I'm only towing under 7k 

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely want to  though now I do t want to for heat reasons alone.

If o find a hx35 fir cheap I'll toss it on

But my brother I'm trying to talk him into a turbo upgrade on his 05. Then I'd grab his hx40. I dont mind upgrading the down pipe. 

This is climb out of over

I used to pedal off now I can maintain and accelerate

I'm a good few hundred deg fooler now

20190421_162719.jpg

If I already had a hx35 I think I'd be all over the hybrid.

But the 3" turbo outlet.  If I'm going to upgrade I'll get something with a 4" outlet.

Hx35 definitely has better specs but cost the same as hx40 minus downpipe

I'm not concerned about the smaller shaft on 40. Some seem to use that as hybrid selling point.