• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A cheer from Northern Norway

LifeRunner

Hey all! I've already made a few posts, but it's never too late to introduce myself, methinks. 

I've been successfully breathing consecutively now for 22 years, and somehow figured that the right way to go in life was to become a mechanic, specializing on construction equipment, like wheel loaders and such. 

I wanted a 2nd gen Dodge for years, but couldn't allow myself to get one due to Northern rural Norway being a crappy place to commute in, hills, turns and stuff, but I started my own company two years ago, and finally, about six months back, I sold off my 2014 Nissan Navara D40 and bought a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport (with an R/T badge in the grille), a Canadian import with a odometer in KM's and a speedo where the main dial is also in KM/H, woo! 

It's done about 191k miles, but runs like a clock. 

This is the list of things I did to it at 174mi, right after buying it:

New VP44, new steering box, BD Power's Steering box stabilizer, rebuilt the gearbox with new clutches and friction bands, flushed and cleaned out the trans cooler+lines, BD Power SuperB turbo, BD Power +100 Injectors, uprated single disk billet converter and a AirDog Raptor 150 lift pump and a Smarty S03, previous owner did the wheel bearings on all four corners, all new brakes in the rear, brand spankin' new propshafts and track bars. 

The result is a 19 year old truck, feeling very tight and nice, the steering is ACTUALLY precise, unlike my dads Econoline 350, where you have to do a lot of steering to go in a straight line.

It's currently sat on some nasty stock chrome rims, with studded tires wrapped around them, but there's some 35s and 18" rims headed its way to improve the looks a bit. 

I don't take too much pictures, so there's just the one to choose from at the moment, I'll snag a few tomorrow when I'm out and about in the daylight. 

Also, if anyone could shed some light on the "R/T" badge in the nose, I'd love to hear it. I thought that was a Dodge Charger thing.

**EDIT** Nevermind the R/T thing, I did a really quick google and found that it's most likely just the badge that someone's put there at some point for laughs or looks.

55771691_2412111122132264_2454809302720839680_n.jpg

Edited by LifeRunner
Updated info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Right on. Welcome to Mopar1973Man family. Seem like the 2nd Gens are making their way across the ocean to other countries. There is several here from the EU area.

Yeah there's a few 2nd Gens about here. 

They're ridiculously pricey though, at least the Cummins powered ones. I paid about $17k for mine.

4 minutes ago, LifeRunner said:

Yeah there's a few 2nd Gens about here. 

They're ridiculously pricey though, at least the Cummins powered ones. I paid about $17k for mine.

Here in Kansas $17k will get you a clapped to hell 2nd Gen and maybe a compound set that's incredibly sluggish cause everyone is a certified YouTube mechanic and, "knows what they got."

1 hour ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Here in Kansas $17k will get you a clapped to hell 2nd Gen and maybe a compound set that's incredibly sluggish cause everyone is a certified YouTube mechanic and, "knows what they got."

Oh man, maybe it isn't all bad then

Just now, TheGreatWhite said:

$17k CAD is roughly $15k USD and your truck is incredibly nice and very low miles so no, not bad at all! Especially since the front end is taken care of now!

Thanks man! I'll add some more pics tomorrow, maybe I'll try to solve the electrical issues as well:mad:

Just now, LifeRunner said:

Thanks man!:lol:

My entire rear end turns into a party whenever I indicate, so for now I'm going to enter BMW mode and not indicate at all:shrug:

They're that way in Norway as well?! :lmao:My rear end likes to party as well, but instead of lights, the axle doesn't stay put and likes to bounce around a lot (bad axle wrap). Traction Bars made out of tractor third links loading....

On 4/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, LifeRunner said:

Thanks man!:lol:

My entire rear end turns into a party whenever I indicate, so for now I'm going to enter BMW mode and not indicate at all:shrug:

I see BMW drivers are the same everywhere, not just here in the USA.  I call BMWs duoche-mobiles for that reason.

BTW... welcome and nice truck! 

Edited by hdpwipmonkey
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 12:33 AM, TheGreatWhite said:

They're that way in Norway as well?! :lmao:My rear end likes to party as well, but instead of lights, the axle doesn't stay put and likes to bounce around a lot (bad axle wrap). Traction Bars made out of tractor third links loading....

Yeah dude, I think it's like a unison thing all around the world:lmao:

I'm having a look into the lights there this weekend methinks, I'm going slightly crazy not indicating:smart:

On 4/13/2019 at 2:32 AM, dripley said:

Welcome. That is a nice ride. Wish you well in your new business and the truck. Seems we get more international every day.

Thanks man! 

Yeah I've recommended the forums to my mates who also have mopars:thumb1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LifeRunner said:

Gave the "Big Red" a wash yesterday and snagged a few pics after! 

Don't mock my huge exhaust tip, I'm going to rework that, sometime. :ahhh:

IMG_20190415_104420.jpg

IMG_20190415_104439.jpg

Gorgeous truck!!!! Don't worry about the tip! Suck it back up in there and it'll look fine! I have 2 will be 3 trucks with 10in tips. Here's a good pic of my head in one of them :lmao:

IMG_20180603_010609819_LL.jpg

Edited by TheGreatWhite

36 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Gorgeous truck!!!! Don't worry about the tip! Suck it back up in there and it'll look fine! I have 2 will be 3 trucks with 10in tips. Here's a good pic of my head in one of them :lmao:

IMG_20180603_010609819_LL.jpg

Holy crap dude, that's wild:lol:

Thanks guys! She's ever so slightly rough around a few edges, but I'm getting the lower half of each side resprayed sometime this summer, and a badly fixed dent on the rear right corner fixed properly at the same time. New taillights are on their way in the mail:cool:

I found some bits of 8" stainless that I can extend the tip with, so it's 8" all the way to the axle, that way, it looks better from behind :shrug: 

• 2 weeks later...