• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
015point9

You know when you're old...

3 hours ago, 015point9 said:

You know when you're old...

Doing taxes today and getting on some websites I only get on once a year.

Security question ,

What was my first car?

(Answer)   Rambler

Does date myself?

Affirmative.

Mine was a 57 chevy 283 with 3 on the tree I bought for 350 bucks and ran good.

You know when you're old... your prostate is your new alarm clock and it goes off every 3 hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

You know when you're old... your prostate is your new alarm clock and it goes off every 3 hours.

What exactly happens when your prostate goes?  

3 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

What exactly happens when your prostate goes?

Get out of bed and take a leak.

Posted (edited)

You will know your old when you think you remembered everything because you got your glasses on and then realize you started your truck in your Skivies.

You will know your old when you start reading the map upside down because your headed south.

You will know your getting close when you bring the bolts to your truck and forget the wrench, but when you went back for the wrench you now left the bolts where the wrench was.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You will know your getting close when you bring the bolts to your truck and forget the wrench, but when you went back for the wrench you now left the bolts where the wrench was.

I like going after the wrench or the bolts, getting to the shop and standing there trying to remember why I went to the shop in the first place.

8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Get out of bed and take a leak.

Or three.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I like going after the wrench or the bolts, getting to the shop and standing there trying to remember why I went to the shop in the first place.

Or three.

Or when Dripley flies south for the winter.:lol:

Mine was a 1941 Chevy pickup. Paid $25. Owner didn’t know if it would run, it did. I was 13 years old. Drove it around the farm for a couple years then sold to my brother. At the same time I bought a 51 pickup for $50. Owner said it would run and it did but coolant ran out the side of the block. My son has it now.  

• Like 1

Mine was a '64 330 Dodge post former OSP car w/383/3speed.  Eventually 440/auto/3.54 Dana w/RT seats and console.  Wish I had it back.

• Like 1

IBMobile first car was a 1939 DeSoto he peddled down the sidewalk when he was three feet tall. He was already trying to pic up chicks along the sidewalk for a date in that car. :burnout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here I am working on it while my girlfriend watches.

747238262_h-armstrong-roberts-children-on-suburban-sidewalk-boy-playing-as-mechanic-oiling-toy-pedal-car1.jpg.cf190982c35805495727d3e6b0cbf4a6.jpg

My next car was a new 1970 Volvo 142S which cost $2850 pulse tax and license.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Another dead giveaway.

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

My next car was a new 1970 Volvo 142S which cost $2850 pulse tax and license

Dead giveaway there. Of course I was working part time after school for a buck 80 or 90 then too.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, dripley said:

Dead giveaway there. Of course I was working part time after school for a buck 80 or 90 then too.

How much was a gallon of gas back then

41 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

How much was a gallon of gas back then

About 35 cents a gallon. Everything was a lot cheaper then, including wages. This also right before the arabs started pulling chains at the pump. 

This was full service gas too. Get a dollars worth and you were set for the night 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had a 64 Chev Malibu after the 57 Chev. Worked after school at a golf course for $1.50 an hour. my car payment was 36 bucks a month and could fill it up usually for around $4.50 at just above the empty mark. McDonalds was next to the gas station there and a Big Mac was 50 cents.

Anybody got a way stop laughing about IBMobiles post? I think I gotta go see the Doc. 

Edited by JAG1

I worked at a full service Texaco station. Don’t remember how much gas was or how much I made. My first vehicle that was street legal was a 64 el Camino. 283, 4 speed and posi. Engine was worn out but other than that it was pretty sweet. Sold that to my brother too. 

Mine was a 1962 Chevy stepside, I towed two of them home to make 1.  along with that came my first real job at 16. Worked at a true full service gas station with two bays, doing tires and lube jobs and AG tire repair. Conveniently right across the street from the high school, a couple hours a day after school and a full day on Saturday, I think minimum wage was around 2.75 an hour, I remember being on my parents insurance  for like 15 .00 a month.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, IBMobile said:

Here I am working on it while my girlfriend watches.

747238262_h-armstrong-roberts-children-on-suburban-sidewalk-boy-playing-as-mechanic-oiling-toy-pedal-car1.jpg.cf190982c35805495727d3e6b0cbf4a6.jpg

For some reason I don’t think that’s @IBMobile car,