• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo's on newer cars

015point9

55 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I would be more concerned about thinning of the oil by fuel, if it's the newer or earth-friendly direct-injected engine. They inject fuel directly into cylinder at high pressure and can overcome compression, if not all of it gets burnt it goes down pass the rings into the oil. I would recommend changing oil every 5000 with full synthetic.

Yes... actually did quite a bit of reading about this. But it's the wife's car she absolutely wanted it and had to be a Honda and all that stuff.  This is her fourth CRV,  supposedly if you drive around in second you don't have that problem supposedly and on long long trips wide open road 65 or more I  put it in Drive. I don't live in a very cold climate my put on very few miles,  but yeah I'm concerned about it I check the oil probably more than I should. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I would be more concerned about thinning of the oil by fuel, if it's the newer or earth-friendly direct-injected engine. They inject fuel directly into cylinder at high pressure and can overcome compression, if not all of it gets burnt it goes down pass the rings into the oil. I would recommend changing oil every 5000 with full synthetic.

What makes the combustion incomplete? 

We only see this with excessive idle on a cold motor... aside from early 6.7’s. 

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

If I had to guess, without doing any research at all, I'd have to think it might be because of an intentionally rich AFR in certain situations to appease emissions, and to keep the CAT temps in check. Just a thought though, take it for what it's worth. 

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

We only see this with excessive idle on a cold motor... aside from early 6.7’s. 

I've read some place not too long ago, I believe it did mention worse in cold weather and extended idle too. I think Honda is trying to blame it on driver at the same time reworking software to correct some of it, but in the end it's not going to be perfect anyway. I believe China said they won't let any of these engines in the country even with correct software. 

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I've read some place not too long ago, I believe it did mention worse in cold weather and extended idle too. I think Honda is trying to blame it on driver at the same time reworking software to correct some of it, but in the end it's not going to be perfect anyway. I believe China said they won't let any of these engines in the country even with correct software. 

And when the wife is getting hers I read that in the cold parts of China is where they're doing some testing on it.  

When she was buying it we are signing papers,  I did bring it up the salesman said well you know the worst that could happen didn't have to switch to premium gas,  I just bit my tongue.  

Over 43 years I have learned not to say anything about the wife's car.  If I even as much change a light bulb and a million miles later she has a blowout guess who she's going to blame?  

• Like 1

• Staff
3 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

I did bring it up the salesman said well you know the worst that could happen didn't have to switch to premium gas, 

Remember, if a salesman's lips are moving at best he shows his ignorance at worst his out right lying.  

7 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Over 43 years I have learned not to say anything about the wife's car.  If I even as much change a light bulb and a million miles later she has a blowout guess who she's going to blame?  

If I don't fix my wife's car by the second time she tells me there's a problem she threatens to take it to the deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1