• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad tune 7x10 DD and race

Ronniemx3

Looking for some help making a tune for 7x10 sac injectors and 56/62/12 turbo.

Ideally a race tune and a DD tune 

I run 315/70/17 tyres and 3.55 gears im struggling with EGTs climbing.

Can someone help me out with a basic tunes I can work with? 

My altitude is sea level too 1000ft above there abouts.

I have a 4inch straight pipe too.

Quadzilla V2

Thanks 

• Owner
14 minutes ago, Ronniemx3 said:

I run 315/70/17 tyres and 3.55 gears im struggling with EGTs climbing.

Gear ratio is wrong and too low. Need to re-gear the axles or change out the tires. You'll need 31-inch (3.55) or 30-inch (3.69) tires for optimal ratios. EGT will naturally fall with ratios between 3.55 to 3.73. 

My current tune would cover you for the Daily Driver. My turbo is slightly bigger (60/60/12). I'm already running 7 x 0.010 injectors but mine are popped at 320 bar for economy purpose. I'm 1,800 feet to 5,000 feet typically.

I'm going to release another version here soon. Being summer fuel is in full swing and I can run even more timing. I just tested to see how much timing I can run. I'm pretty well maxed out now. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

Have you looked in the tune repository?

I did but didn't find anything too close I copied a tune that I see posted on here in 2016 but I'm still struggling with egts on hard pulls! It runs awesome just egts are making the quad back down 

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Gear ratio is wrong and too low. Need to re-gear the axles or change out the tires. You'll need 31-inch (3.55) or 30-inch (3.69) tires for optimal ratios. EGT will naturally fall with ratios between 3.55 to 3.73. 

My current tune would cover you for the Daily Driver. My turbo is slightly bigger (60/60/12). I'm already running 7 x 0.010 injectors but mine are popped at 320 bar for economy purpose. I'm 1,800 feet to 5,000 feet typically.

Yeah it's a shame as I love the tall tyres! I have a spare set of the 315s too so I wont be going smaller anytime soon any other ways to help bring egts down for the time being?? Other than a re gear as that would be a fortune to do over here ? 

The truck runs great with these injectors I'm really happy just want to cool her down some.. thank you.

• Owner

image.png

6 minutes ago, Ronniemx3 said:

It runs awesome just egts are making the quad back down 

Gear ratio. Strictly gear ratio and tires are too big and adding way to much engine load. I've got the tune dialed into the point I can WOT all the way to 100 MPH and never reach 1,200*F. But then again I'm running a mere 30-inch tire but the ratio is correct.

Might look cool but your just going to burn it down with those huge tires. The only way to keep those tires is to re-gear the axle with 4.10 gears. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

image.png

Gear ratio. Strictly gear ratio and tires are too big and adding way to much engine load. I've got the tune dialed into the point I can WOT all the way to 100 MPH and never reach 1,200*F. But then again I'm running a mere 30-inch tire but the ratio is correct.

Might look cool but your just going to burn it down with those huge tires. The only way to keep those tires is to re-gear the axle with 4.10 gears. 

I will burn these 2 sets off and go down too a 285 or so thanks

• Owner
1 minute ago, Ronniemx3 said:

I will burn these 2 sets off and go down too a 285 or so thanks

285's isn't going to be optimal either. Still puts you at 3.44 on the final. Need to go smaller yet. This will impact the EGT's still not as bad but you still adding quite a bit of rolling resistance. Even with 285's you would be optimal if your re-gear with 3.73 gears. 

More on rolling resistance...

http://hpwizard.com/rotational-inertia.html

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

285's isn't going to be optimal either. Still puts you at 3.44 on the final. Need to go smaller yet. This will impact the EGT's still not as bad but you still adding quite a bit of rolling resistance. Even with 285's you would be optimal if your re-gear with 3.73 gears. 

More on rolling resistance...

http://hpwizard.com/rotational-inertia.html

Yeah but it will be a fair bit better than what's on now. Re gear over here is well over priced so i will keep coming down on tyre sizes... this tune you sent is it safe to beat on 

I love my new 265/70/17 for ease of taking off, getting up to speed, and the bump in MPG, one thing I'm not liking so far is my cruising MPG, seems I was getting better MPG crusing at 70-75 with 285/70/17 close to 18mpg latly same speed with 265 I'm down to 16mpg. But if I slow down to 60ish I'm closer to 22mpg where with 285 I was at 20, still pissing around with temperature differences and may adjust my tune a little more.

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

These tunes are all geared towards 7 x .010 ish size injectors.  Please run them and tell us what you dont like and we can adjust from there.

Excellent I will try them over the next couple of weeks and see how it goes I'm just pricing some smaller tyres and put my spare ones up for sale ??

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I love my new 265/70/17 for ease of taking off, getting up to speed, and the bump in MPG, one thing I'm not liking so far is my cruising MPG, seems I was getting better MPG crusing at 70-75 with 285/70/17 close to 18mpg latly same speed with 265 I'm down to 16mpg. But if I slow down to 60ish I'm closer to 22mpg where with 285 I was at 20, still pissing around with temperature differences and may adjust my tune a little more.

I'm going for a 275 70 17 I think now. It will be nice for some hard acceleration again! The 315s really took the legs out of my truck although with these 150s and turbo set up they break loose which they didn't before hand 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

245/75 R16 empty truck 20.84 MPG, when towing my RV 14.93 MPG. (recent numbers)

My 66 MPH is exactly 2,000 on the tach and this thing climbs mountains like a beast. Even the RV back there it doesn't slow down and doesn't get hot. 

Nice I.went for 285/65/17 size tyre will be fitted Thursday 

• Owner
2 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Not a huge difference between sizes so hopefully egts stay in check!

Size is only half of it. Weight is the other part. 285's typically are close to 90 to 100 pounds a tire with the wheel. The rotational mass has a minus in there too. This why ricers beat us hands down. Small tires and little rotational mass.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:56 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Size is only half of it. Weight is the other part. 285's typically are close to 90 to 100 pounds a tire with the wheel. The rotational mass has a minus in there too. This why ricers beat us hands down. Small tires and little rotational mass.

Yeah they are a lot lighter than the 315s ? then things are like a lorry tyre 

19 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

These rims and tires waight over 400lb I man handled them, actually I made the rims too. I still got around 10mpg on this truck running about 60-65mph with 454 BBC 500hp. I did have 6.72 gears post-1102-0-16618700-1424623414_thumb.jpg

Thats a beast DF.

• Thanks 1