• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Dieselfuture

2000 Honda Accord using oil

Pre 1989 no OBD systems.

1989-1995 OBD1 with check engine light era where each car manufacture had their own codes and code retravel system. 

1996-present OBDII codes P0100-P0999 and retrieval standardized throughout  industry.   OBDII codesP1000 and up are more likely to be manufacture specific.  

• Like 2

My son has a 95 accord that used oil. It was doing similar to yours. He didn't realize it was leaking rather than burning because of the undercarriage pans were holding most of the oil. The leak was on the back side of the engine from the oil pressure sensor. Once that was replaced with a new sensor the oil usage dropped to a manageable quart every 2500 miles.

Just something to check. 

32 minutes ago, madsen said:

My son has a 95 accord that used oil. It was doing similar to yours. He didn't realize it was leaking rather than burning because of the undercarriage pans were holding most of the oil. The leak was on the back side of the engine from the oil pressure sensor. Once that was replaced with a new sensor the oil usage dropped to a manageable quart every 2500 miles.

Just something to check. 

I had few leaks when I first got it. One from crankshaft seal, one of the balancing shaft seals, and the distributor o-ring and seal, I believe the sensor was a little wet too. I now have zero drips to the ground. I'm pretty convinced I have scored cylinder wall or bad rings on cylinder 1. 

Thanks for your input, them oil sensors are known to leak on a lot of different vehicles, in fact when they start to lick on some of our models of Cummins, they create a short in 5 volt circuit and cause headaches, hard to trace if you don't know what you're looking for.

16 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Pre 1989 no OBD systems.

1989-1995 OBD1 with check engine light era where each car manufacture had their own codes and code retravel system. 

1996-present OBDII codes P0100-P0999 and retrieval standardized throughout  industry.   OBDII codesP1000 and up are more likely to be manufacture specific.  

Makes sense. I remember when the GM techs had ALDL keys they carried with them that plugged into an interface under the dash. The odometer would then flash in a sequence that was read similar to morse code.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Pre 1989 no OBD systems.

No wonder I never knew about codes.  Never had anything newer than an 84 until 1998 when I bought my first 3/4 ton. It was a 96 with a V10. It only gave me one problem in 2001. It was spitting and sputtering with oil running out of the tail pipe. Did not need a code for that. I am still sitting in its replacement.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

@Dieselfuture have you tried Overhaul In A Can?

990232754_shopping3.jpg.f266f6e927a9363ea211e3450817a7e7.jpg

No I have not, not sure if it will help or ruin something else. Maybe I'll try it before changing oil next time. I think you suppose to run it for a bit and drain it out.