• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel transfer pump relocation

Quick question, 98.5 24v. PO fitted a aftermarket fuel transfer pump, not sure what it is as not had a close look all i've done is fix the guys mistakes up to now, he removed the factory fuel filter and fitted a cheap *** inline filter before the pump, I've had the truck over a year but not really used it much because of this inline filter and as I work on large diesels for a living I'm not too eager to start when I get home especially as I work 12/6 and I fully get the no restriction fuel flow deal oh and I'm building a house in my spare time, I've fitted a cat fuel filter off of a 9.3 so my filter has no restrictions.

The pump is bolted to the block where the factory one should be and I have a fairly long fly lead for it to move it somewhere else, question is where is best, I'm thinking under the bed right near the pickup tube so keeping the suction side as short as I can, I'll be adding a relay to take the load off of the ecu and 1/2" lines, I'm sure I have a full reel of 1/2" Moroso ally fuel line from when I did the fuel system on my roadrunner,  everything already fitted is deutz plugs so easy for me working on cat equipment, I've noticed where the pump is now it vibrates a little too much for my liking especially at idle and something will break one day

4 hours ago, wil440 said:

I'm thinking under the bed right near the pickup tube so keeping the suction side as short as I can,

A few years ago I bought a used FASS lift pump and mounted it onto one of the rear cab mounts right at the front of the fuel tank.  I just stayed with the factory lines and it was easy to tap into the fuel lines on the inside of the frame.  I also installed an in-line fuel strainer (Napa 3270) on the inside of the frame between the tank and the lift pump. 

- John

20190418_165301.jpg.f83e7d9392c8f7e5dbc4b0d644f9574c.jpg