• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Homemade pop off testers

Anybody made their own pop off tester?  If so how do you like it?

Digging around in my shed it looks like  I'm real close with spare parts laying around...all except would have to buy a gauge.  

Any input good or bad for using a homemade tester?  

• 2 weeks later...

There's actually quite a few on YouTube that looks like a do the job but it's only Pop off pressure I'm not sure about the spray pattern.  I think the days of spraying on a piece of cardboard to see what the spray pattern is are all gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased one off of eBay, along with the Cummins / Bosch injector adapter. I think it came from India, and was very reasonably priced. However, I had to make some modifications. The gauge was crap, so I removed it and purchased one from a local ag supply store. The threads were not north american standard, so I had to get a little creative with an adapter and some JB weld, haha. All in all, I am very glad I have one, I've used it once for my Jetta TDI and several times on the Cummins. It's nice to be able to take my injectors out, re-pop, and replace in an afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1