• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS/ Brake light on

• Owner

In my case, it wasn't the sensor. It was the unit bearing tone ring failed. 

Way to see without expensive tools. If the speedometer is acting goofy its the rear sensor. If the brakes pull one side or the other it's a front sensor or if the speedometer is not acting goofy.  Always replace the fronts as pairs. If that doesn't work the unit bearing need replacing. 

Weird thing is my original bearings we're acting up, so I bought two new sensors replace them still acting up, now I got two new Timken bearing hubs on the front, still acting up. Thinking about warranting one of bearings back to RockAuto and if it'll still act up then I'll be looking at ABS computer.

My abs and brake were on and I replaced both front hubs and they stayed on. Replaced the rear after that and they stayed on. Rode like that for a few months and they went off. Cleared the codes and all is still well. Never figured out what was wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dripley said:

My abs and brake were on and I replaced both front hubs and they stayed on. Replaced the rear after that and they stayed on. Rode like that for a few months and they went off. Cleared the codes and all is still well. Never figured out what was wrong.

I know you mentioned it it more than once now and thank you for reminding me of that, I just feel like it's front hub related. I never had an issue until I decided to grease my original hubs, shortly after I did few weeks maybe, light came on and off. Seems that in the morning it's off until late hubs getup to temperature and then light comes on, if I let it sit for a while it goes off on start up. In the winter it never comes on as I feel grease in the hub never gets runny. Maybe I'll keep driving it and see what happens. I suppose I could swap left to right and see if live data follows, if it does it know it's a hub if not then probably abs computer or wireing. But it's a lot of work to swap it just to see what would happen. That's why I thought maybe file a warranty with rockauto. Just find it hard to believe I had light on before, then changed hubs light went away and stayed away for few weeks then back to how it was with old hubs. What sucks is I never used live data tool to see which hub was doing it and now I'm playing guessing game. Sorry for long reply. 

8 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I know you mentioned it it more than once now and thank you for reminding me of that, I just feel like it's front hub related. I never had an issue until I decided to grease my original hubs, shortly after I did few weeks maybe, light came on and off. Seems that in the morning it's off until late hubs getup to temperature and then light comes on, if I let it sit for a while it goes off on start up. In the winter it never comes on as I feel grease in the hub never gets runny. Maybe I'll keep driving it and see what happens. I suppose I could swap left to right and see if live data follows, if it does it know it's a hub if not then probably abs computer or wireing. But it's a lot of work to swap it just to see what would happen. That's why I thought maybe file a warranty with rockauto. Just find it hard to believe I had light on before, then changed hubs light went away and stayed away for few weeks then back to how it was with old hubs. What sucks is I never used live data tool to see which hub was doing it and now I'm playing guessing game. Sorry for long reply. 

I am just lucky my light went off and stayed off. Had me guessing too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dripley said:

Well I can only hope, I havn't driven this yet, but I did put on new hubs, maybe once driven light will go out.

One thing I can say for sure the hubs I just put on (Timpkens ) have way more grease inside them then the factory ones did.  I really don't think I could squeeze much more grease in them. From what I've read people that grease their factory hubs make them last a very long time. Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with my original hubs that I took off. I kept them as spares.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

One thing I can say for sure the hubs I just put on (Timpkens ) have way more grease inside them then the factory ones did.  I really don't think I could squeeze much more grease in them. From what I've read people that grease their factory hubs make them last a very long time. Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with my original hubs that I took off. I kept them as spares.

Me too. I had 2 and put them on last brake job. The old ones had 200k+ on them.

• Like 1