• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone do any Metal Detecting?

JAG1

• Staff

I'm learning how to run a Whites MTX e tracker. It's an old one they still make because it such a good unit. Very popular. The reason I bought it is it's still new from 2011 and I got it for $450 with the carry bag, pin pointer and earphones.

Anyone familiar with these?

Aren't they all similar, diferent tones for different metals, then you can turn up gain for depth etc. I think just playing with it some, you'll figure it out. Put some random stuff on the floor and see how it acts, then raise it up and and see if signal fades at what distance. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Just got back camping with it. Fun learning how to use it. Found lots of empty shell casings and a few bullets. One live 22 round, 22 cents in change, no silver and some trash of course. Fun part is not knowing what you'll find when you hit a good target. You never know til you dig. Last camp on the way home had no one else there, but had to go after an hour of detecting.

My titanium hammer got buried on the job so I'll be getting that back and there is an old stagecoach road to check out too :thumb1:.

Hey..... how come I'm not at least a gold member? Sheesh you'd think I'm lead member the way you got me listed Mike!

Edited by JAG1

46 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Hey..... how come I'm not at least a gold member? Sheesh you'd think I'm lead member the way you got me listed Mike!

You're  a memeber of the Board. Pretty prestigious. Maybe @Mopar1973Man can bump you to Titanium, if you can find your hammer.

• Like 1

• Staff

I wore my hip out from River Dancing 

771942065_tumblr_nnjitkfKcJ1qzuucto1_5001.gif.82f246450a290851e9b09fd0520460b3.gif

@BBHD yours is just mean luck.

2071175346_IMG_3651.JPG.187b6b44ae2762e5476342a76e10acec1.jpg.7ef6ed80953bb28b2ced21b98681d2a3.jpg

5 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I wore my hip out from River Dancing 

771942065_tumblr_nnjitkfKcJ1qzuucto1_5001.gif.82f246450a290851e9b09fd0520460b3.gif

I see you. Guy on back left. Did not know you used to be that nimble.

5 hours ago, IBMobile said:

@BBHD yours is just mean luck.

2071175346_IMG_3651.JPG.187b6b44ae2762e5476342a76e10acec1.jpg.7ef6ed80953bb28b2ced21b98681d2a3.jpg

That qualifies as wreck. They appear to have used some bailing in the repair, but I cant find the duct tape.

• Staff

Wholy-b-gin-nikies! BBHD, that looks like a bad one.... how did that happen?

More like IBMobiles' wore out chasing girls after the dance. He always won their favor when mentioning Chic-Fil-A. :)