• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Questions about intake things

I have not run either but what i have read here has always convinced me that the stock intake is about as good as it gets on the 2nd gens. The prices you quote seem pretty good I just dont know for sure that you would see any benefit other than the looks. Others may have different opinions on that.

57 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

I figured there cheap used why not 

Cant say I have not dropped some bucks on my truck for the same reason. Feels good to step back and admire those kind of purchases. They do seem to be more brain performance purchases and that ain't all that bad for the right price.

• Owner

The thing about most intake you typically don't see any gain till after 600 HP or higher. Daily drivers see ZERO increase with an intake we don't flow enough to make it worthwhile. At 70 MPH at 2,100 RPM on the tach I barely pushing 3 to 5 PSI of boost. What would I need a bigger intake for? As for WOT stomped I can race all the way to 80 MPH (2,400 RPM's) still have my EGT's in check. I'm somewhere around 500 HP now. 

Sorry I spaced out on the taking pics I installed the intake form which is a black plastic CFM plus that I ended up buying for 50 bucks it works at cooled egts and certain ranges by about a hundred degrees the aluminum crazy Carl's intake is not on the truck I can get pictures of that on Monday when I get to work I got to get that set up on the CMM so I can make a blueprint for certain millwork I ended up buying an hx35 the CFM plus intake and the crazy carls tunnel ram for about $200 for everything so I might as well put it on the truck

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The thing about most intake you typically don't see any gain till after 600 HP or higher. Daily drivers see ZERO increase with an intake we don't flow enough to make it worthwhile. At 70 MPH at 2,100 RPM on the tach I barely pushing 3 to 5 PSI of boost. What would I need a bigger intake for? As for WOT stomped I can race all the way to 80 MPH (2,400 RPM's) still have my EGT's in check. I'm somewhere around 500 HP now. 

Oh? what has changed? 

Dyno'd or O'Reilly numbers?

500 to the ground is a big big jump. And really not worthwhile except for play.

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My old little truck had a stock intake. worked just fine. 

I made 523 with just injectors, pump and chargers. No electronics pump meddling for dyno runs. 

I could hit almost 80lbs boost on my test and tune road with edge juice hot comp on 3.

Guy that bought it off me's first run was a 1300hp Nissan GTR. He stayed glued to his back bumper. 

Long story short...stock intake horn works fine. But the aftermarket ones do look nice.

Edited by Ben
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Evan said:

I think many of us have been married a time or two. It's always nice to go for the younger hotter model for noticeable gains in aesthetics and performance 

44 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Then some of us have never been married and have no clue... Still living a happy life not knowing...

Then others are going 46 years with the same woman. Here's to all the choices.:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2