• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla question on versions

The new 4k unit, does it also have the standard v2 version software in it so that I can choose not to use the 4k tunes and be a regular quadzilla? Is the 4k unit strictly a race unit? I want mpg but also when not towing to be able to create a good power tune. I still need to do studs but want to buy a quad and don't want to buy the standard one and then have everybody say "oh you bought the regular one bad choice" lol My revo paired with the TST3 is giving 17-21mpg but there is a tad amount of smoke that I think the quad could dial in a bit better.

Edited by cuda

If your truck touches the street and is used for anything other than a balls to the wall toy then the 4k is not a good choice for you.  

The hardware in the 4k box is different.   It does run V2 tunes, but it runs the 4k version of the base tune. It has a much harsher pull down to ground on the fueling solenoid.  This means it is not smooth, once fueling on the wiretap starts you should expect to be wrapping it out to 4k + and you should expect CELS.

The 4k is strictly race and it cannot run normal v2 tunes, and even if it could it would still  not be smooth.  

The regular unit is best for %99 of the guys out there, it still can fuel to 3700, but the rpm range where nearly everyone uses their trucks is far more friendly compared to the 4k box.  

• Like 1

If I may inject a question regarding the Quad.  I have seen different positions on the best type of display device for the Quad: IPhone and Android.  So now that I am preparing to move forward with a Quad which display device should I use?  I also have some questions on injectors and turbo/s if I can locate the correct feed.

• Owner

Personally Android is the best... But I'm a full-blown Linux / Android guy. iDevices tend to be problematic being they are like Microsoft products proprietary to itself. When Linux is Open Source and much easier to work with. Androids are much cheaper to get your hands on. 

• Owner
9 hours ago, Nicarlov said:

They do seem to be cheaper.  If I remember, to use the android, do I need to get the iQuad BT?

8 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

Yes, IQuad BT for Android.  IQuad Wi-Fi is for Apple

Because iPhone has a problem with sending data over Bluetooth.

Does it have to have a display, the iquad??

Could I use my phone to program it then run it with no display.

Or can other model do that.

I guess what I'm asking is I have no clue how they work.

• Owner
Just now, Evan said:

Does it have to have a display, the iquad??

No. You can run the Quadzilla headless. Just start the truck and go. 

1 minute ago, Evan said:

Could I use my phone to program it then run it with no display.

My phone is a multi-use tool. I've got the OBDLink LX in the OBDII socket, I've got my Cheap China Bluetooth stereo that I can make phone calls through. Then I've got my Bluetooth headset. You are not forced to keep the iQuad app running. 

3 minutes ago, Evan said:

I guess what I'm asking is I have no clue how they work.

Basically, once the Quadzilla is set up with a tune you can ignore it and it will still work every time you start the truck. If you have gauges on the a-pillar you can just use those and never fire up the iQuad App.