• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE In-chassis Upgrade Recommendations Wanted

I plan to drop the pan on my transmission in the next few weeks for filter change and band adjustment. Are there any upgrades that I should install while in there? No $600 valve bodies!

I have planned on adding the Sonnax valve to the valve body that allows flow to the converter while in Park. 

Stock truck.

The Sonnax manual valve by itself won't get you too far. Your results will be disappointing. The Sonnax valve works well (I use a ton of them), but not with the stock pressure regulator setup. It will change very little from what you have now.

If you're looking for other mods while you're in there, I'd replace the plastic accumulator piston with a Sonnax billet aluminum, and replace at least the intermediate servo cover with a Sonnax billet...or, better yet, replace them both with TCS units. I would also replace the pan itself with a deep aluminum unit.

• Thanks 1

Borgwarner solenoid.

Why not do a complete valve body workover since your going to take it apart

If your granny is in good shape it might be time to pump the pressure up.

@DynamicI purchased the following, please let me know what I'm missing!  Keep in mind my truck is essentially stock, and in 6 months I've driven 14,000 miles, maybe 80 miles with a trailer hauling a small tractor (Kubota B2150).

Sonnax 22771A-02K PR Valve:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DP5YWMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sonnax Billet Accumulator Piston 22841-04K:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYG7G9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sonnax Intermediate Servo Cover Plate 22827-01

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7YSIC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Borg Warner Solenoid 22958:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009X9KGIU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sonnax 22771-09 Manual Valve:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DP5YUL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're definitely going to want to replace the governor pressure transducer as well. I recommend the Rostra HP.

I don't see anything that is going to raise your line pressure up to where things need to be, and firm up your shifts. That is arguably the most important thing you could do to your transmission.

Like I said before, don't expect great things from that manual valve with a stock PR setup. It's a fine piece, but by itself will have limited effectiveness.

• Thanks 1

Could he drill the lock up, aswell as 1-2 ports in the plate. And run stiffer springs. 

I know your not big on shift kits but would you recommend one to raise pressure and firm shifts up. Maybe shoot for 120 or so locked.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, Timd32 said:

ATSG 47/48 manual should be on your list.

I have a PDF copy of the ATSG manual. I could upload it to the site if someone verifies that there is no major copywrite issues. The FSM is on the site already, so it's probably the same thing.

Are there time limits on copyright?

I alwasy find some folks miss use the whole copyright thing and try to just say its copywright protected when alot of times its not.

Doubt that in this case. Guess Im already in violation by posting this from the book.20190510_130133.jpg.f0b5f250577be79e4039698e1610f4a5.jpg

• Owner

Fair Use Law

The doctrine of fair use developed over the years as courts tried to balance the rights of copyright owners with society's interest in allowing copying in certain, limited circumstances. This doctrine has at its core a fundamental belief that not all copying should be banned, particularly in socially important endeavors such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research.

Although the doctrine of fair use was originally created by the judiciary, it is now set forth in the Copyright Act. Under the Act, four factors are to be considered in order to determine whether a specific action is to be considered a "fair use." These factors are as follows:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
the nature of the copyrighted work;
the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
2 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

So... What I'm getting from that, is I should upload it. Lol.

:whistle:

That is why the Downloads are member thing. That way they are not displayed to Google or the public but the membership pool here can glean the information needed to repair their trucks. I see it as an educational purpose. 

Done. Pending approval. I used this manual to rebuild my trans recently. It was very helpful. I'll be installing the trans this weekend hopefully. I also took a pile of pictures, so I might do a redneck homebuilt trans writeup, for a fairly basic rebuild.