• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE In-chassis Upgrade Recommendations Wanted

On 5/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, Evan said:

Could he drill the lock up, aswell as 1-2 ports in the plate. And run stiffer springs. 

I know your not big on shift kits but would you recommend one to raise pressure and firm shifts up. Maybe shoot for 120 or so locked.

If you're asking me, yes, I'm a big fan of higher line pressures and firmer shifts, but not at all a fan of using "shift kits" to do it.

10/4

Thought maybe you would think better of one shift kit over another.

I dont think I'd do the work that's being done in this thread without doing a shift kit.

Something the normal guy can do

• Owner

@Dynamic built my 46RE for my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. No shift kit used but custom drilled and modified the valve body and the entire transmission. As for just bolt on fixes for 47RE I don't suggest it either being valve body is only part of the puzzle and entire transmission needs upgrades to hold up to the abuse of more power.

I agree. Dynamic uses his plate his mods, sorsed springs who knows what all else. It's a dynamic tuned valve body hes putting together what hes found to work over years of experience. 

A regular garage guy can tune a valve body and buying a shift helps him do it. I've only dealt with transgo. And dont have anything bad to say. However I'm always wanting to learn more. There are mods I didnt do mods explained in other kits. Mods for stock trannys to ones built similar to mine. My build is just a basic build around a daily driven truck that tows. Extra clutches bands that arent kevlar most the billett stuff stock ratio lever. Upgraded this and that that I cant remember.

The valve body is the heart all blood runs from it spreads throughout the veins

I feel just upping pressure and forming shifts even on a stock tranny is a huge upgrade. 

The stuff in dynamics head is worth its weight in gold. I have years in learning the 47re and feel I've barely scratched the surface. And still feel that I have no clue.

Edited by Evan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Evan said:

The valve body is the heart all blood runs from it spreads throughout the veins

Technically the oil pump is the heart. And the valve body is like... the arteries and valves. :lmao2:

Haha sorry @Evan I couldn't resist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal Squire said:

Valve body is more like the brain of transmission. Without the transmission oil pump the valve body is dead. 

But these transmissions are electronically controlled. So the PCM is the brain.

... How long can we keep this thread derailed, lol.

Edited by kzimmer

57 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

But these transmissions are electronically controlled. So the PCM is the brain.

... How long can we keep this thread derailed, lol.

There is no time limit in Mopar land.

• Haha 3