• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suggestions for Quadzilla

• Owner

This is pointed towards @Quadzilla Power for suggestions...

• Bluetooth connection problem needs to get fixed. Quadzilla is the only thing with serious connection problems.
  • Bluetooth connection cycles once then stop trying to connect. Takes several tries to get a connection.
  • Mobile device needs to remember last display used. Always have to swipe to the second screen.
  • MPG data erased every key on cycle with 2.8.4 Firmware.
  • MPG data not an option for the normal vehicle selection.
  • ECM/Quadzilla fighting at low throttle (getting worse the better my economy tune gets - bucking)
  • Need to add audio alarms to the Quadzilla (Cute female voice would be awesome! :lmao:)
  • Tunes should not need to be exported to backed up. Should be able to save tunes to the internal storage of the device (I've got 256 GB!)
  • Data logging should have to export either again should be an option to save to internal memory. (I've got 256 GB)
  • Coolant alarm should be removed since drops to -40°F at 204°F. Hard to use if it doesn't have the data.
  • Would be nice if both the app version and the Quadzilla firmware version were displayed in the control panel. Then people could tell if an update is needed.

The biggest one that drive me nuts is the connection issue. Fighting with the Quadzilla start up, shut down, start up, shut down. Got to wait for the Quadzilla display could not connect message to do your restart. It only tries once then quits. Once it got a good connection going typically it continues but that rare 10% it can just miss and then tries once then quits even if I leave the phone in the truck set up. Bluetooth device should be saved as part of the settings and should have to be selected every single restart. 

Display thing is annoying too. Startup and have to swipe to the second screen. This should be remembered.

Then the bucking. The more and more I get closer and closer to the optimal MPG number the engine load is getting less and less. It now to a point when cruising city streets you have constantly be accelerating or deal with the Quadzilla bucking pretty hard on the driveline. My typically 25 to 35 MPH engine load is now in the 5% to 11% which is below my idle engine load and bucking can get pretty bad some times. I know it the ECM and Quadzilla fighting because Level 0 doesn't do it at all.

Capture+_2019-04-28-08-16-03.png

• Owner
35 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

As for the connection issues, we are looking at extending the iQuad connector so that it can be kept inside the cab. We have seen that it performs better when closer!

I always thought the Bluetooth head should be in the cab. All that metal cab shielding out the radio signal. 

@Quadzilla Power let me know when you fix the ECM / Quad handoff. I'm ready to fix the bucking problem.

• 5 months later...