• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Ideas for Change...

I figured I didn't but this site is a big help in keeping the wheels turning on the truck and I see it also as info that saves costly mistakes and wrong purchases, bearing in mind there is a lot of BS on this old interweb thingy but here it's more fact and experience

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You didn't have too... but thank you.

you're welcome

• Thanks 1

we will have to wait a few weeks to a month to see honestly.   The test drive account is a good idea as it gives people time to look around.  

We have a ~%80 bounce rate, as in people come then leave and never come back.  These changes dont effect that number so traffic and ad money stays pretty similar. 

active members are what we need to keep track of over time.  That 1 post per day thing may make people not want to visit over and over, but only time will tell.  

I think we will have to play with the $$ for subscription to find the happy spot, it might be $20 a year average or $5 a year average to capture the highest % of people paying.  %5 of the site paying $5 a year is a lot more money than %.05 of the site paing $20 a year.

• Owner
8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

That 1 post per day thing may make people not want to visit over and over, but only time will tell.  

The problem is we can't close the site to guests. The only way to limit the free members is to cut the ability to post completely. Or limit the post amount which is totally adjustable. We can up that number but I don't want it to be too easy to just hang as a expired member. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Traffic hasn't changed much staying roughly 1,100 to 1,200 per day. 

16 people have purchased subscriptions. 

I know I have not subscribed yet, and I plan too. But I was going to ask how many subscriptions there were since the change.

Did the donations page go away? I know I had a made a $50 donation to the site itself. 

Edited by gipperkid

• Owner

@wil440

2,070 members last posted between April 17 and May 17, 2019.

As for @gipperkid I've ran into a few that the donations didn't roll over correctly. I'm blaming the hosting company partial for this and the bad email server and blacklisted IP. I'm still cleaning up that mess. :rolleyes:

I just spent over 2 hours on the phone chew on Endurance International Group (EIG) tail for this on which is the mother company that owns our hosting company.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
30 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah it's sad, very little of the members wants to kick in.

I’ll be honest, I’m not overly surprised. The internet is FULL of free data, so why pay for it?

Look at TDR, $35 a year and it comes with a magazine... that’s easier to justify and their target base is huge. There is lots of activity in 1st-4th gen forums. They also have free memberships, so all the data but no magazine and a few forum differences vs paid members. 

This forum is 90%, or more, 2nd gen.. which makes it more difficult to get paid subscribers. 

I still come over here for fun and for the people, but I’m not gaining much for my 4th gen, nor did I for my 3rd gen. It just makes paying a subscription a harder to justify purchase. If I were brand new to the site with a 3rd or 4th gen there is very little content that warrants the subscription. 

Not trying to say it’s a lost cause, just throwing my observations out there. 

• Owner

Then I guess I'll just give it up and close the doors. 

I guess AH64ID might be right time to just close the door on a dream that will never fly because I'm broke and poor can't do much more.

People like him kind of pisses me off because they could be helping out with 3rd and 4th gen information but never do. There is an entire Article database help yourself to take the information but never help out by providing new information. :mad: But everyone expects me to put in mass hours posting 3rd and 4th gen stuff. 

I'll find another way to pay for my ____ medical bills. I'm way overworked and get nothing for my ____ efforts. 

I don't know what to do other to fold up and give it up. All BoD basically bailed out and not helping. I'm the one here fighting on the phone dealing with hosting companies and blacklisted IP's. The only thing people do is complain about the site. I'm still barely keeping the bills paid. 

No one is here to help out. The only one I can thank is Nick which has been really helpful. That you sir!

Yeah, I'm not happy and very stressed out. Pushing way too hard on me. 

take a break mike,  no one is telling you to do this stuff rihgt now.  

I know you say the site can't free wheel, but it can.  It might not be perfect, but it will still run. 

I have been trying to get you to take money in exchange for time, but you wont do it.  

Traffic and Ad's make money on the internet.  We have hundreds of 4th gen articles that can be created right now.   Pay yourself from the site fund to write articles if you need money.    

Pay yourself dammit

@Mopar1973Man give me a call when it's convenient. I am not very web tech savvy, but I have a knack for arguing with people. I don't have much to offer for 3rd or 4th gen trucks because I don't mess with them much. But if you need someone to make follow up calls and sort through some managerial stuff I am game. I know that I had no idea that the site wasn't necessarily profitable. I do have an abundance of time available to help however I can in the evenings and such. This is the only site that has helped me keep my 24v on the road. 

42 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

I still come over here for fun and for the people, but I’m not gaining much for my 4th gen, nor did I for my 3rd gen. It just makes paying a subscription a harder to justify purchase. If I were brand new to the site with a 3rd or 4th gen there is very little content that warrants the subscription. 

they will get old just the same as the 2nd gens have, I work with Cat dumptrucks, 775's 771's and 390, 349 330 excavators and Cat loaders from 914 up to 992 and the newer this stuff is the worse it gets, DPF's,regen, adblue, nox coolers, blah blah blah I'd say the help forums for the newer cars/trucks in general are going to be busy