• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Ideas for Change...

WE have a ton of info that needs to be broken into articles for the 4th gen.    Someone just needs to do it.   

Articles are great for the site because they generate long term income, in theory we could easily doubt the ad money per month via increased traffic if we could get those articles up. Issue is writing articles sucks so no one will do it for free....obviously haha.  

The BOD approved Mike for $10,000 to write all the articles from that info.   The Site needs the articles done and Mike needs the money.  It is a win win with long term payoff.

• Owner

Yeah, it just that writing the articles is easy just copy and paste. The problem is you have to strip out the PDF document coding then fix the page for proper SEO (search Engine Optimation). This means understanding SEO designs. The SEO part is what takes the most time formatting and making sure that it is done right. If I just copy and paste the article will fail to be picked up by Google properly. 

Like After I exploded here, I had to run up the mountain and deal with Idaho State Dept of Lands and have them fix our water line. Of course, they want about a month to file for paperwork and get it authorized for the repair and then repair it later this summer.

20190517_145750.jpg

Then I've got a truck still here I got to finish working on. With it raining I can change the differential fluids or anything. 

Then I've got to plan to get my surgery done so I can get healed up. 

So many people keep asking more and more of me and I'm a single man and can only do so much. At this point, I'm so burned out and tired of fighting this battle I'm ready to just give up. I've spent hours on the phone just trying to get email server straight. To this day I can't email Lund Int. just to get the parts for my tonneau cover. I've been trying to send email and all I get is...

550 5.7.606 Access denied, banned sending IP [162.144.37.183].

which happens to be the IP address of Mopar1973Man.Com. 

Nick been asking to do bulk email everyone but I'm still fighting to do the hard work no one else is jumping in line to do for me like sitting on the phone and being bounced between the Philippines and other hosting companies because EIG the parent company has serious phone issues right now making the repair of the email problem another problem. 

Then in the middle of all this make 250-mile trip, 3 days a week to keep MoparMom alive. which burns up 39 hours minimum a week. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, gipperkid said:

What about some how merging the M73M.com site with TDR or CF

Never! Corporate owned. It would be the death of M73M.

Corporates will just crank up the ads and walk away and never keep anything up to date. That why Cf is still running the broken vBulletin 3.8.x that is totally obsolete and broken. TDR ate it when they switched from vBulletin 3.8.x to Xenforo software and never fixed the SEO. Why we still outrank them SEO wise. 

CF is owned by VerticalScope Inc.

Most of the other websites are no longer privately owned. Corporate owned so they really don't care about quality as long as the ad banners are thick and productive. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Hey Mike, hang in there. You are doing things right by taking care of your Mom. You have a great site that helps alot of folks. But it can't be at the expense of your personal well being.

Seems like the quailty over qty approach has gotten you this far.

You do need to make time for yourself in all of this.

My approach was to donate what I could, I entered the last raffle; bought a few tickets that was a no brainer, and I signed up for the annual membership.

So maybe others will follow suit and sign up for the memberships.

13 hours ago, Me78569 said:

@gipperkid

donatons are gone, but your donation should still be valid.  we will look it up and ensure it is credited to your account for the year. 

I for one would also donate on top of subscription as I'm sure I'll get way more back than the platinum yearly I'm at, is there any reason that can't come back ?

13 hours ago, AH64ID said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not overly surprised. The internet is FULL of free data, so why pay for it?

Yes and a good % is absolute BS

• Owner
8 hours ago, Timd32 said:

But it can't be at the expense of your personal well being.

Has been since 2004. When you realize that I've been living on less than 8,000 a year. Then after all the driving 39 hours for Mom then doing side jobs to make up for the shortcoming of the site. Yeah, it's taking its toll on me mentally and physically. Just like AH64ID points out there is too much FREE information out there. 

8 hours ago, Timd32 said:

Seems like the quailty over qty approach has gotten you this far.

Yeah, it has gotten me this far but I can't keep up the free approach any longer. I've got more work than I can handle solo. I'm just thinking I'm going to say screw it and NOT pack my laptop today and leave it all to hang. Still, in all, I've got a pile of bills sitting in front of the keyboard as a reminder. You got to pay out over $10,000 in medical bills and growing still. At this rate, I could wipe out the website account and pay my last 2 surgeries off and the website will be gone and shut down. But hey I can only work Mon, Wed, Fri leaving one day off on Sun. Driving Tue, Thur, Sat. 

But still in all everyone wants more from me. :thud:

Naw, I'm not burned out. I'm completely fried! :shifty:

6 hours ago, wil440 said:

I for one would also donate on top of subscription as I'm sure I'll get way more back than the platinum yearly I'm at, is there any reason that can't come back ?

the systems can't work together.  

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the systems can't work together.  

It costs me less now that before which doesn't matter too much if people subscribe

I complain about tax a lot here in the Uk but here this situation would never arise, Mike would get a wage as a carer for his mum all paid for by the state and most house tax, people tax is waived also heating, transport..... better off to be stoney here.

I have quite a lot of Ram listings on ebay at the moment is there a banner for the site I can add to the bottom of each listing ? or is that not exceptable ???

Mike posted the IP above in this thread.

You can checkout something like this...

https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

But you will soon realize there is alot more to it than a few clicks and checks.

You can do some digging with some of the basic stuff.  But like the SEO articles that are needed to get more into the 4th and very quickly 5th gen stuff, it is a huge uphill battle, its a process to do it all, then its even more of a process to do it right. This needs about 2 to 3 folks wiling to put some hours into decent content that will be available to new people on search, then once they are here they need to see the value of whats here and sign up.

Its going to have to be up to the membership to evolve the content, it can't be all on Mike and Nick.

Thats the key issue, out of the over 1k folks who visited recently only 16 subscribed sounded like that included existing members, thats not going to cut it unfortunately,  I was hoping to see around 100 subscribers pile on this new system, just based on the quoted numbers from past months, that 100 is a low % of folks passing thru, taking what they want and leaving.

My initial guess was this recent try would be a decent influx of subscribers from the existing base and some new ones, but if it was too much too fast your just going to see a huge drop in income 2 months from now. Since most of your subscribers are now loaded in to mid May.

The ideas proposed can not add work load on to the existing folks, so membership and content developement could be areas that are easier to assist in then back of the house server stuff.

Sponsorship material for raffles could do well, if folks have connections to some sort of maintenance kits, the injector raffle seemed to do well. But even those are short term fixes.

Anyone have access to a service like Constant Contact they could 3rd party the email blasts just to work around the IP issues for the time being. Or go get a quote then arrange a donation bucket outside of the M73M site for that email blast service for a few rounds. Like that example it cant be I come up with something and expect Mike to now carry that work load. No time and $ for him to do that. But it would work around the IP issues for a short term to try to get email blasts up and running.

Screenshot_20190518-230632_Chrome.jpg

• Owner

Been there done that. How about all the email servers not checked? Like Microsoft is not checked. Govt servers are not checked, business servers are not checked. List goes on.

9 hours ago, Timd32 said:

Its going to have to be up to the membership to evolve the content, it can't be all on Mike and Nick.

This is why anyone can write articles for any generation they want. Majority of this effort lays on me for the most part and has for years. I would hope others would take up the example and build articles too. 

10 hours ago, syndicateshop said:

@Mopar1973Man how can I help with the IP and email issues? Please reach out to me. 

My thing is I attempt to shut down in 2012 last time it all fell on me and help wasn't there. I asked for 7 people including myself to be part of the up group to help lighten the load and spread the task out. All that is left right now is Just Nick and I everyone is gone. So every time there is an issue and I post up in the staff area the only one that responds is Nick. This doesn't leave me much. 

Admin - Myself and Nick

BoD's - Tfaoro, JAG1, Ibmobile, CSM (Tfaoro has been gone since the 4th gen purchase, JAG1 and IBmobile are gone traveling, CSM has been gone over a year).

Lead Mod - Cowboy (Been gone over a year)

Mod - Wild & Free (gone over a year) and AH64ID

So far I've spent the money on getting Quickbooks so one member could handle the books. He disappeared with the software and I ended up having to find a local lady will do my book in trade. Still gotta find out what my task of duty is for the year to keep her paid. 

Ok, I've asked another to help out by keeping Facebook fresh with new posting summer came and it tapered off. 

I would like to have to new moderators since the old ones are gone. 

Basically, since I can't pay myself or anyone else the chances of getting help that will stay around and continue to help is if I can pay them something. 

• Owner
14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

As many have stated, what can we do to help? 

If you have HTML and Linux skills (possibly Linux PC) I'd love to invite people to help with the server. You would need to know terminal, cPanel and WHM. This is difficult to do with Windows PC but not impossible. 

Someone got bookkeeping skills. I'll buy another copy of QuickBooks and let some handle the bookkeeping. 

14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

@syndicateshop has asked multiple times to help but I haven't seen you reply?

It hard to say here yo go when 99% of the people don't understand Linux Operation systems. The server is what is known as LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) so if you not versed in Linux or have a Linux PC it makes it very difficult. Being that majory of all website you travel too are Linux based. Again it not impossible but Windows people can do this work but a lot of conversions and extra software is required for Windows owners comes at a price where Linux is included and comes for free. 

This is the problem so who is left that has Linux experience? 

image.png

This is the interface for handling most of the server stuff. No graphical interface or mouse being used. You got to type just like DOS back in the day. This is why I'm running Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS right now. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

@Mopar1973Man As many have stated, what can we do to help? 

I can do 2nd gen stuff! 

I can try moderating or something of the sort..

I cant write code or do that type of stuff but I have a computer and can do some managing etc. 

same here..... I'm 3k miles away so phone calls are a bit difficult for me as I'm asleep when you're awake but if there is anything I can do ??

and as for linux I have no experience other than a few months messing with it on an old pc about 5 years ago....  sorry and found it a PITA so went back to microcrap

29 minutes ago, Stanley said:

@Mopar1973Man As many have stated, what can we do to help? 

I can do 2nd gen stuff! 

I can try moderating or something of the sort..

I cant write code or do that type of stuff but I have a computer and can do some managing etc. 

same here..... I'm 3k miles away so phone calls are a bit difficult for me as I'm asleep when you're awake but if there is anything I can do ??

What articles have you got to write, I know jack about 3rd,4th and 5th gen but I can type

• Owner

Ok, so does anyone have SEO experience? If you do then you could start building all the 4th Gen articles. 

As for the blacklist problem you are going to need to understand Linux. To be able to help or make the calls. Like the last phone call the hosting company is trying to blame the support@ email address for the cause. I started laughing at the gal. She is not even on the same page. There are tricks we are using through Linux and PHP for the support@ address. First off there is no actual email server for that address and doesn't exist. Then on top, the email at that address picks up is converted into support ticket (like a forum post) in the backroom. So I had to teach the tech a little something because she didn't understand how that could be. 

I've got a full support ticket base in the backroom for handling one on one support. The only Nick and I that handle this right now.

Screenshot from 2019-05-19 09-17-57.png

I want to try to get people involved in handling the email to the site. Supporting people that don't want to post publicly. Not much happening here but...

We have so many features that could be used. 

Support ticket system either locally on the site or email. 

Store physical or virtual products could be sold. 

Download area for files could be shared or sold. 

Classified Area where stuff can be sold by the members. 

Moderators basic job is handling anything in the public view. 

Admins jobs have to do both public and backside work.  This includes management of the website, server(s), software, etc. 

Where I'm hung up, I understand all this stuff and second nature to me. How do I bring others into this role without any experience and knowledge and teach them on my limit time schedule? Like the majority of you can run with the moderator role being you'll never see the server. The time sink is handling the server and fixing errors as they occur. 

Like just checking this morning since I shut down the ElasticSearch service and flipped back to MySQL search functions the MySQL server needs to be reconfigured and fixed. This is because the data load of the ElasticSearch was dumped back on the MySQL server.

[!!] /var/lib/mysql/server.mopar1973man.com.err contains 144 error(s).

This is where I'll be burning mass time. Fixed the Activity Streamrepeat problem but now got to fix the MySQL server. 

So if someone knows SEO rules and could start building articles that would be awesome. That would be a start. Because without good SEO knowledge you'll never be able to do this. Look at where it ranks at...

https://www.google.com/search?q=p1764+governor+pressure+sensor+voltage+too+low

https://www.google.com/search?q=24+valve+cummins+losing+prime

https://www.google.com/search?q=nv4500+hard+to+get+into+gear

Edited by Mopar1973Man

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I want to try to get people involved in handling the email to the site. Supporting people that don't want to post publicly

and what does that consist of.....but  I may not be the person for doing this due to the time difference ????

Nick said there is content to be written ? can you send me something to look over, I can type and while I only have 2nd gen I am a fully trained diesel/car/plant/truck tech of 41 years I know the right way to do this stuff

• Owner
Just now, wil440 said:

and what does that consist of.....but  I may not be the person for doing this due to the time difference ????

More or less someone with skills in handling wider range years and models. People from time to time email there problems then post on the site. Basically give you permission and watch for Support tickets. Then respond just like a normal post. It will auto-magically create an email back to the person.

2 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Nick said there is content to be written ?

Yup. 

But here is the trick you can't just copy and paste it. You have to be able to write HTML code (HTML5 to be exact).

<h1>
	P0008 - Engine Position System Performance
</h1>

<h2>
	Theory of Operation
</h2>

<p>
	The Powertrain Control Module (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) will turn on the <abbr title="Malfunction Indicator Light">MIL</abbr> lamp immediately after this diagnostic runs and fails.<br>
	The <abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr> will turn off the <abbr title="Malfunction Indicator Light">MIL</abbr> lamp after the diagnostic runs and passes in four consecutive drive cycles.
</p>

<h2>
	When Monitored and Set Conditions
</h2>

<p>
	When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:<br>
	&bull; With the engine running.
</p>

<h2>
	Set Conditions:
</h2>

<p>
	&bull; The Powertrain Control Module (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) has detected that the Crank Position Sensor (<abbr title="Crankshaft Position Sensor">CKP</abbr>) and Cam<br>
	Position Sensor (<abbr title="CaMshaft Position Sensor">CMP</abbr>) signals are reversed.
</p>

<h2>
	Default Actions:
</h2>

<p>
	&bull; The <abbr title="Malfunction Indicator Light">MIL</abbr> will illuminate
</p>

<h2>
	Possible Causes
</h2>

<p>
	CRANK AND CAM POSITION SENSOR CONNECTORS REVERSED
</p>

<p>
	Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to<br>
	28 - <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) - Standard Procedure).
</p>

<h2>
	Diagnostic Test
</h2>

<p>
	1. ACTIVE <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr><br>
	1. Ignition on, engine not running.<br>
	2. With the scan tool, clear the <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>.<br>
	3. Start or crank the engine.<br>
	4. With the scan tool, read DTCs.
</p>

<p>
	&nbsp;
</p>

<p>
	Did the <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr> reset?<br>
	<strong>Yes</strong><br>
	&bull; Go To 2<br>
	<strong>No</strong>
</p>

<p>
	&bull; Perform the INTERMITTENT CONDITION diagnostic procedure. (Refer to 28 - <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) - Standard Procedure).
</p>

<p>
	&nbsp;
</p>

<p>
	2. CRANK AND CAM SENSOR CONNECTORS REVERSED
</p>

<p>
	<br>
	1. This <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr> indicates that the <abbr title="Crankshaft Position Sensor">CKP</abbr> and <abbr title="CaMshaft Position Sensor">CMP</abbr> Position Sensor signals are reversed.<br>
	2. Switch the <abbr title="Crankshaft Position Sensor">CKP</abbr> and <abbr title="CaMshaft Position Sensor">CMP</abbr> Position Sensor connectors.<br>
	3. With the scan tool, clear the <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>.<br>
	4. Start or crank the engine.<br>
	5. With the scan tool, read DTCs.
</p>

<p>
	&nbsp;
</p>

<p>
	Did the <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr> reset?
</p>

<p>
	<strong>Yes</strong><br>
	&bull; Using the wiring diagram as a guide, check the connectors and wiring for proper configuration.<br>
	&bull; Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST - 6.7L. (Refer to 28 - <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) - Standard Procedure).<br>
	<strong>No</strong><br>
	&bull; Repair complete.<br>
	&bull; Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST - 6.7L. (Refer to 28 - <abbr title="Diagnostic Trouble Code">DTC</abbr>-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (<abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr>) - Standard Procedure).
</p>

But as I need to run back through and fix several others... Here is a bad example. (snip) too heavy in style code need to be strip off.

<p style="margin:0px;line-height:normal;">
	<span style="margin:0px;font-size:18pt;"><font face="Calibri"><font color="#000000">Study the wiring diagram and have all of the parts in hand before starting the installation.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>Most of the wire length is from 6&rdquo; to 2&rsquo;.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>The wires for the light and the floor switch will be 4-5&rsquo; depending on where you put them.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>The wire from the grounding relay to the <abbr title="Powertrain Control Module">PCM</abbr> will be about 8&rsquo;.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>The power lead with fuse can be attached to any wire that is hot when the key is turned to the &ldquo;on&rdquo; position.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>The power draw should be between 1 and 2 amps; with the system having its own fuse, there should be no problems.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp; </span>Install the &frac12; watt 33 ohm resister between pin #87 of the grounding relay and ground by cutting the wire and soldering the resistor in place.<span style="margin:0px;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></font></font></span>

Well mate the above is the reason you're on you're own that is way way way above many including me and I'm not dumb, I'm typing a post here with no

<p style="margin:0px;line-height:normal;">
	<span style="margin:0px;font-size:18pt;"><font face="Calibri"><font color="#000000">Study the wiring diagram and have 

rubbish so how is that ? I had my own website up to 2009 selling Mopar Perf parts and I did the lot and It wasn't like the above and for a short time had my own forum, only ended in the 08/09 recession and I do excavators and dumptrucks much better

I can't write that