• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Free time?

• Owner

My free time just got shorter and much less. 

2012 Ram 6.7L needs an injector replaced and the 0ther 5 installed again. Waiting on a box from DAP.

DSCF4553.JPG

DSCF4554.JPG

Then I've got a 2nd Gen that needs an oil change, fluids checked, exhaust brake looked at (sticking), and valve lash adjusted. 

DSCF4550.JPG

Then in between all this, I've got a 1992 Dodge Ram 5.9L to do a fresh set of injectors (5 x 0.011) +30 HP. Waiting for a box from DAP.

Free time just disappeared...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

Well I would say things are looking up for the wallet at least. Free time not so much though.

On the 6.7, did you have to remove the rockers to get at them?

May the DAP box be pooped on your porch quickly.

• Like 1

I haven't known what free time was for the last 3 years ever since we moved to a different town and I'm still driving to same job. Everyone saying get a job closer but it's not as easy as they think. I moved up the ladder for the last 10 years, having benefits and accumulated time off is a big plus, probably the only thing holding me back at this moment and a bigger paycheck of course. Start somewhere else then start over basically, especially time off no one is giving it away. So I'd rather drive to my old job for now, although I waste 12 hours a day just to go to work. I know other people that have a worse than me so I don't complain much about it, I do mention it once in awhile as we're all human and wante decent life.

Good thing you're getting random jobs to stay busy, that may actually help you keep your mind off other things temporary. I wish there was a simple answer to all this, Lottery maybe, but you need to play to win. I played for a while then I gave it up, since that I wasn't meant to have an easy way out. Everything I acquire is through blood and sweat seems like. I know they say work smarter not harder, I don't think I'm that dumb, I think it more has to do with being at the right place at the right time. I say this all the time, I'd rather be lucky then smart. 

• Like 3

• Owner

More direction for free time to work here. Like right now I'm getting ready to make my 250 mile drive. 

23 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Mike you need money and you are acquiring work that will pay BILLS! 

Exactly. That is my biggest goal right now. I'm working in pain daily till I can have my 3rd surgery to have the stent removed. Every night my lower back is hurting and I know what it is. Like you might of notice nothing mention about bicycle rides. That because I'm physically incapable of doing any more. Too painful to ride the distance like I used to. Like just sitting here my lower back is starting to ache. I've got 6 hours minimum stuck in a truck today too. (yah...)

33 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Free time... What's free time?

I managed to take free time and do some talking locally for a few jobs hence how I invested my free time producing work. Most local people were respectful and not bombing me with work knowing my condition. I've got all the work I want right now. The biggest part is my body going to allow me to get this all done?

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

More direction for free time to work here. Like right now I'm getting ready to make my 250 mile drive. 

Exactly. That is my biggest goal right now. I'm working in pain daily till I can have my 3rd surgery to have the stent removed. Every night my lower back is hurting and I know what it is. Like you might of notice nothing mention about bicycle rides. That because I'm physically incapable of doing any more. Too painful to ride the distance like I used to. Like just sitting here my lower back is starting to ache. I've got 6 hours minimum stuck in a truck today too. (yah...)

I managed to take free time and do some talking locally for a few jobs hence how I invested my free time producing work. Most local people were respectful and not bombing me with work knowing my condition. I've got all the work I want right now. The biggest part is my body going to allow me to get this all done?

Take it easy and move slow. 

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The biggest part is my body going to allow me to get this all done?

I've found that I heal faster if I keep working/moving, of course there are limits to what you can do when injured, but sitting on couch doing nothing is way worse for your health in general. I honestly don't do much couch time at all, maybe an hour a week or less, to sit with kids because they want me to see something I have no desire to lol, some stupid crap on TV. I try to get them in garage or outside and do things, they come out of zombie mode after bit and act normal then. That's my bigger issue is to keep them away from screen time, way to much for developing eyes and brain to handle. Bad enough they get plenty of it in school now, then first thing they want is turn TV on when they get home so they can watch YouTube videos of some random people doing stuff. I'm like, hey I'm doing stuff here come look and learn, it lasts a minute or two then they get board. Then they go watch some idiot that has no clue of anything, talking about nothing.... :ahhh:

• Owner

I'm working as fast as I can to raise the money I need to go to my next surgery. Remember I don't have insurance. I need to pay off my outside bills that my financial planner is handling with the hospital. So my anesthetic, X-rays, and pathology are not covered. So I've got to have the money beforehand to pay these bills because they come in mere days afterward.   

I don't have TV per se. I do have a 50" Vizio but only watch once in awhile a Hulu movie or something. Normally too busy in the day doing other things to waste time in front of the idiot box.

Mike I have struggled financially all my life. I find that if your can cut out some small bills that you know you can do without it really does help. Idling you have any subscriptions or anything like that that you truly don’t need but I’m just saying that it helps more than you think.

• Owner
15 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Mike I have struggled financially all my life.

Same here since MoparMom's kidney failure.

15 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I find that if your can cut out some small bills that you know you can do without it really does help.

I don't have any extras. All the bills I've got are either Medical or Business. 

Like my contribution was shut down the guest house 3 years ago. Then managed to get the parts for the Pelton wheel and get it running. This has reduced the power bill from nearly 280 to 300 a month to just 89 dollars for both main house and guest house.

No water bill we pump our own water.

Phone and Internet are provided by M73M.com as a business expense. 

Cellphone provided as a buisness expense. 

No trash bill we haul our trash to the dump.

No sewer bill septic tank in the yard.

I don't go out and hang out with friends anymore. I don't leave the house unless its requirement of life. 

I've been living on $8,000 a year income for over 4 years now. It doesn't get any more humble than that...Now I've got another surgery and at least $3,000 worth of bills just getting in the door. Then I've got over $8,000 already on the first surgery and waiting for the second one to bill up. Then I've got the 3rd Surgery. 

I've got nothing left I can cut. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Not to rub it in, but I can tell we have it nice here in Norway, and I feel kinda sorry for you guys overseas.

I like to complain about high taxes, but damn it's worth it if you ever get sick or anything that requires medical attention, free healthcare and all that.

@Mopar1973Man I wish you all the best, but you only get one body, take it easy and work at a pace which your body allows you to.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

FedEx mail came today... 

5 x 0.011 +30 HP 1st Gen injectors...

20190510_185925.jpg

Then the new replacement 4th gen injector. 

20190510_185720.jpg

The funny part is that single 4th Gen injector cost as much as the entire 6 injectors for the 1st Gen. 

Just about finish the 2nd Gen with its repairs. Talked to the owner and doing more work. 

Thank you! @dieselautopower 

For handling the injector testing on the 4th Gen injectors and sending me the new set of 1st Gen injectors. 

• Like 1

Can't even start to imagine what it's like to not have a Nation Health Service,  it might sometimes feel to us like it's rubbish and slow and whatever.... blah blah blah  but we pay for no treatment at all unless you want to pay to get it tomorrow, we do pay maybe £7.50 per prescription for medicine and we pay National Health Insurance but it's to our government, I maybe pay £600 per month ish because I'm classed as a high earner but I'll get a pension when I retire from the state as well as my private one, if I was stoney broke and on hard times everything would be paid by the state especially if ill.

I've worked 7 days a week for maybe 25 years + as a heavy mobile plant mechanic, in my spare time i've built a house (brick not wood, been on it since 2009.. living in it now) work 5 1/2 days now but I don't need to work at all really.....

school till early 20's no ties no bills no nothing life was good

early 20's till early 50's one big uphill struggle not a pot to leak in.. no ££ just work work work... no bikes, no cars just work, did manage a few american cars and a couple of trucks but no ££ to run them.... thinking about that 30 years it could have broke the Hulk/Pope/any man...... add whatever..... now out the other side  BUT I'm that tight with money now I squeak like a bricklayers wheelbarrow with a rusty wheel.

motto is after all the hardship  it does get easier... well it has for me but the one thing I am incapable of doing is being beat