• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Tractorman said:

What is that red wire that has a messy connection to the alternator output terminal?  If there are more wiring connections on your truck that are done in that manner, I would be thoroughly looking over the electrical system.

- John

And Fix that connection as soon as possible.  Something is probably loose there.

IMG_20190510_104219508_HDR.jpg

Just wait till the alternator fuse blows and whatever that is that red wire powering will most likely burst into flames when the charge voltage goes over 20 volts.  This is something I wish AirDog would take out of there install manual. Anything hooked to the alternator line will instantly burn up when the fuse blows this includes electronic devices or electric motors. 

Why? Because the PCM will no longer see the charge voltage and will crank up the field to max power so the alternator no longer connected it will fry anything hooked to it. 

NEVER hook anything to the alternator line between the fuse and the alternator you asking for vehicle fire for sure. 

• Like 1

If the ECM is bad, try one from another truck. I had to do this to get my truck home. I used one from a 2001, and only thing the didn't work was the oil pressure gauge (different signal/wiring).