• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

02 24v no start

Cold be in wireing like mentioned before, may want to go through all grounds and connectors, make sure nothing there. All the ground wires in harness use some sort of glue/press/crimp connection, it's a good idea to unwrap wireing loom and redo all grounds. Could be just a lise connection some place, wireing gremlins are the worst.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, Coltenkrause said:

IMG_20190510_104219508_HDR.jpg

What is that red wire that has a messy connection to the alternator output terminal?  If there are more wiring connections on your truck that are done in that manner, I would be thoroughly looking over the electrical system.

- John

• Like 2

@Mopar1973Man, in the last few days I have noticed that there are no longer any names associated with "Likes" for my posts and others that I see.  For example, I have two "Likes" in my previous post, but I don't know who they are.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

- John

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Tractorman said:

What is that red wire that has a messy connection to the alternator output terminal?  If there are more wiring connections on your truck that are done in that manner, I would be thoroughly looking over the electrical system.

- John

And Fix that connection as soon as possible.  Something is probably loose there.

• Owner

IMG_20190510_104219508_HDR.jpg

Just wait till the alternator fuse blows and whatever that is that red wire powering will most likely burst into flames when the charge voltage goes over 20 volts.  This is something I wish AirDog would take out of there install manual. Anything hooked to the alternator line will instantly burn up when the fuse blows this includes electronic devices or electric motors. 

Why? Because the PCM will no longer see the charge voltage and will crank up the field to max power so the alternator no longer connected it will fry anything hooked to it. 

NEVER hook anything to the alternator line between the fuse and the alternator you asking for vehicle fire for sure. 

• Like 1