• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Manual Lockup Switch

Has anyone done this? I have a '00 24v and I'd like to have a manual lockup, so I can lock it in 2nd as well! 

So I don't have to come screaming up all the hills in my area, sounding like I'm doing 120mph :lmao:

Pros, cons, and whatnot.

Edited by LifeRunner
Forgot some stuff

Locked 2nd doesn't drop the RPMs as much as you might think. I've had Jon work his magic on my VB and when locking in 2nd it maybe drops the RPMs 500 +/- a few. Mainly comes in handy if towing up a slow grade and you're looking to keep the trans temp down by keeping the TC locked, or vice versa, coming down a similar grade.

I never did mod the valve body. Thought about tig welding, jb weld and just didnt do it. 

I'd like to lock second with break switch to unlock while towing 10k machine stop light to stop light. 3rd wouldnt ve needed then.