• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

98.5 MOT time

Mot was due last october but seeing as weather can be grim around that time of year I decided to sorn it ( statutory off road notification) which notifies Gov, and police its off the road so you don't have to tax or mot it. This has given me the chance to do some jobs on it.

1. Fit front seats out of my other truck as seatbelt warning won't pass mot check

2. New reverse/neutral switch as reverse lights not working

3. New LED strip reverse lights

4. New fog light on rear with new switch/wiring in cab

5. Alternator wiring mod with 150 amp resettable fuse

6. New battery terminals

7. New front flexi brake lines

8. 3 New front brake hard lines due to corrosion, now all copper lines

9. New pass side top/bottom ball joints

10. 2 rebuilt brake calipers

11. New shocks (front) got rears to do this week

12. New sway bar links

Some of the above was failures on the mot check. All parts specific to truck from rockauto excetp calipers as i've got more pistons and seal kits than I know what to do with

Still to do

1. Move fuel lift pump to frame

2. Larger fuel lines

3. Fuel pump relay mod

4. Lockup switch (maybe)

5. Quad ( maybe)

Edited by wil440

13 hours ago, wil440 said:

Mot was due last october but seeing as weather can be grim around that time of year I decided to sorn it ( statutory off road notification) which notifies Gov, and police its off the road so you don't have to tax or mot it. This has given me the chance to do some jobs on it.

1. Fit front seats out of my other truck as seatbelt warning won't pass mot check

2. New reverse/neutral switch as reverse lights not working

3. New LED strip reverse lights

4. New fog light on rear with new switch/wiring in cab

5. Alternator wiring mod with 150 amp resettable fuse

6. New battery terminals

7. New front flexi brake lines

8. 3 New front brake hard lines due to corrosion, now all copper lines

9. New pass side top/bottom ball joints

10. 2 rebuilt brake calipers

11. New shocks (front) got rears to do this week

12. New sway bar links

Some of the above was failures on the mot check. All parts specific to truck from rockauto excetp calipers as i've got more pistons and seal kits than I know what to do with

Still to do

1. Move fuel lift pump to frame

2. Larger fuel lines

3. Fuel pump relay mod

4. Lockup switch (maybe)

5. Quad ( maybe)

Congrats on the stuff you got done...that's a pretty good amount of work done already.  You're in the home stretch now. 

• Thanks 1

Got the rear shocks delivered today from Rockauto by Fedex took about an hour to fit tonight after work, hopefully book the retest for tomorrow as off now until tuesday, got some more stuff I want to do on it but it will be good to be able to use it again..... here if a vehicle isn't MOTed and not road taxed they can tow it and crush it..... really gets me cos at 40 years old neither is required.

Might go look at a 5th wheel trailer thats about 150m away over the weekend also