• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Manual swap electrical

I did a lot of research on this years back because I was so sure I'd do it one day. One day hasn't come yet. My memory was fuzzy but I dug up some old threads I had saved on another forum. If the engine does not even roll over then the middle black wire in the 3 wire plug to the Auto needs to be grounded. That is the wire for the NSS witch is no longer there because the Auto. is MIA. The 2 outside wires are for backup lites. If you simply ground the black wire the truck should start but the CC won't work because the truck thinks the trans is always in neutral. You should run that wire to the clutch safety switch if you have one. If not get one and use it then the CC will work too.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

Ok dave110 let me follow this, as I plan on doing the swap out in the next two weeks. 

If I install a Clutch switch and ground the center terminal of the NSS, the starter should work.

Connecting the two outer wires to the NSS to the reverse switch on the trans will get the back up lights to work. 

Pulling the Park Neutral Switch Sense the terminal from the PCM harness connector should allow the CC to work. 

On a second note I have access to a laptop with Cummins Insite through work (we use it to talk to our fleet using 1939 protocol) can I connect it up to my truck on 1999 2500 ISB. I assume it would just be getting the canbus connection to the Nexiq module.  

• 2 weeks later...

This last weekend I did the swap out, 47RE to NV5600. The mechanical stuff went together quite easy (but dang that is one heavy transmission). I pulled pin 6 of c1 connector to the PCM out and grounded the now unconnected wire, installed a NSS and she cranked right up, also the CC works. 

But I have a check engine light, yes I know PCM is looking for trans temp, pressure and 1 to 2 shift. Anyone out there know where and the cost of reflashing the PCM to accept the manual?  

Edited by NorCalAndrew