• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey guys , so my truck in the first bump in the tuner smokes real good, I don’t know if that’s because the new high output vp or what. The owner before my said he put 75 horse sticks in. I tested all of them, disabled each one and the idle noise changed every time. Contrary to most people I would like to use the fuel instead of waste it. Even if I put the throttle down form a stop the tires don’t even attempt to break loose it just smokes. Especially if I bump the tune up. So how do I go about getting more power out of the unburnt fuel?

• Owner
42 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

with the right tuner yes.   

I would figure out what you have for injectors before you do anything else.

Pull the injectors and send them to DAP and they can pin measure the nozzle. Then pop test the injectors. Then you'll know exactly what you have for injectors. If there is over 100k miles on the injectors I would consider replacement.

• Owner
4 hours ago, dripley said:

I had 50's on mine with the Comp. Way to smokey my taste. No way to tune it out except with your right foot. 

This is because the how tune on the Edge Comp is wrong. Timing is wrong and so is the fuel map. Like I'm now figuring out you need a fairly deep amount of retard to make the turbo spool and clean the smoke up quickly. This is missing in the Edge Comp being it was designed around smaller injectors and doesn't give enough timing afterward so part of the fuel is wasted in smoke. Then the lead in fuel map is too much and there is no way to spool fast enough to control the smoke. 

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This is because the how tune on the Edge Comp is wrong. Timing is wrong and so is the fuel map. Like I'm now figuring out you need a fairly deep amount of retard to make the turbo spool and clean the smoke up quickly. This is missing in the Edge Comp being it was designed around smaller injectors and doesn't give enough timing afterward so part of the fuel is wasted in smoke. Then the lead in fuel map is too much and there is no way to spool fast enough to control the smoke. 

Is there a way to rectify this?

• Owner

Edge Juice is only made for stock injectors. You'll have the same problem as @dripley you'll have to control the smoke with your right foot or go back to RV275 injectors. 

Or dump the Edge Juice and upgrade to Quadzilla and tune out the smoke. Like most of us are running +150 HP injectors on Quadzilla and have pretty good control over the smoke.