• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radio interference

I have a hand held 2 way radio for the local logging roads and I was using it today and noticed whenever I would key the mic to talk my oil pressure gauge would drop right off and the “check gauges” alarm and light would come on. As soon as I would let off the mic the gauge would go back up to normal. Really had me confused/nervous the first couple times it happened before I put the 2 together. 

so what could be causing this to happen and why? 

• Owner
8 hours ago, skyhigh4by said:

I have a hand held 2 way radio for the local logging roads

Handheld radio has no electrical connection to the truck. This is all RF (Radio Frequency) energy causing this. In the owners manual, there is a section about how caution should be used with strong RF signals in the vehicle. 

If you had an external antenna it might resolve this issue.  

• Staff

Could be connected thu cigarette lighter socket for power. That's how my CB gets its power. Never any interference on the gauges though. All my grounds are tight and clean and does have an external antenna.