• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P1698 No Bus, truck still runs

Got a P1698 this morning.

Recently had my ECM repaired by ACS. The truck has been running fine since installing the repaired ECM, and doing the ground mod.

Leave for work this morning and the truck is stumbling and billowing white smoke which I know is due to the failing VP44. However, the dash dings, lose all gauges, ABS, brake, Air bag, CEL, low fuel all illuminate.

I cycled the truck on and off two times and the gauges were working, but had a CEL light, only codes P1698, P0216. Still able to pull codes with scanner. Drove to work fine. Went to move my truck and no bus again, no gauge cluster, and all lights illuminated. But the truck still runs and drives with no issues. Is it possible the ACS repaired ECM could be causing issues or is this ground related?

44 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

You might try cleaning all connections on PCM and instrument cluster. I think a poor connection on PCM is what caused my “no buss”. 

Yea I figure it must be a dirty connection because I just ran home for lunch and the gauges are functional. Of course still have a stored CEL P1698.