• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck has a Fass fuel transfer pump, is it good enough

Just about to do the fuel transfer pump relay mod and also relocate to closer to the tank and 1/2" lines and straw, question is PO fitted this Fass pump https://www.dieselautopower.com/fass-direct-replacement-fuel-pump-drp02  is this good enough ? truck is 98.5 24v auto, trans is stock as far as I know,  it has been rebuilt by PO late 2017 although looking at the rest of this guys work  that may not mean much. He had used a canister pre filter and nothing else, luckily It hadn't done diddly miles and I got it, the guy wanted £60 for the original filter housing he had thrown under his bench yeah right, I fitted a Cat filter housing but this ****ant prefilter is still in the line, it's like one of those rubbish precarb plastic things you used to see on gas engines but it is steel, I haved a much bigger Cat one to add into the 1/2" lines , I also have a Cat water seperator filter but can't fit that yet as the bowl is clear so will only use that when I have to buy all fuel:wink:

I'm looking at a quad later this year when the truck is in better shape fuel wise but realise the trans is the limit.

I have been down the slippery HP slope at Ray Barton RE and have no desire to go there again all I need is belt and braces so I don't break down miles from home as no one in UK will tow this thing LOL

My thinking is DAP straw, relocate TP to frame near tank and relocate Cat filter/filters, put it on a relay and fit a fuel pressure gauge so I know what I'm dealing with, if it comes in below what's needed pressure wise fit a Cat 9.3L 12v fuel transfer pump which will put at least 70% back to tank....??