• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

wil440

Truck has a Fass fuel transfer pump, is it good enough

Just about to do the fuel transfer pump relay mod and also relocate to closer to the tank and 1/2" lines and straw, question is PO fitted this Fass pump https://www.dieselautopower.com/fass-direct-replacement-fuel-pump-drp02  is this good enough ? truck is 98.5 24v auto, trans is stock as far as I know,  it has been rebuilt by PO late 2017 although looking at the rest of this guys work  that may not mean much. He had used a canister pre filter and nothing else, luckily It hadn't done diddly miles and I got it, the guy wanted £60 for the original filter housing he had thrown under his bench yeah right, I fitted a Cat filter housing but this ****ant prefilter is still in the line, it's like one of those rubbish precarb plastic things you used to see on gas engines but it is steel, I haved a much bigger Cat one to add into the 1/2" lines , I also have a Cat water seperator filter but can't fit that yet as the bowl is clear so will only use that when I have to buy all fuel:wink:

I'm looking at a quad later this year when the truck is in better shape fuel wise but realise the trans is the limit.

I have been down the slippery HP slope at Ray Barton RE and have no desire to go there again all I need is belt and braces so I don't break down miles from home as no one in UK will tow this thing LOL

My thinking is DAP straw, relocate TP to frame near tank and relocate Cat filter/filters, put it on a relay and fit a fuel pressure gauge so I know what I'm dealing with, if it comes in below what's needed pressure wise fit a Cat 9.3L 12v fuel transfer pump which will put at least 70% back to tank....??

that is good for stock or a canbus box only, anything else i would go with a larger pump

going to do the mods, fit a gauge and make the decision after that..... I really don't want to get on that silly power slope as I said been there done that

• Like 1