• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low boost 24v

I have a 99 24 valve and I took it to outlaw diesel in Indy because I wasn’t seeing the boost results I wanted they fixed a boost leak and a fuel line like but said I don’t have enough rpm to spool to the boost I want I have an aura 5000 turbo 150 injectors 4K Hamilton springs arp head studs south bend dual disc quad adrenaline banks intake and I’m sure a few more performance parts I’m forgetting but it’s only hitting 23 psi with the tuner all the way up does anyone know what’s up before I take it somewhere else

The Aurora 5000 is a huge turbo for a 2nd gen vp truck.   It is going to take a ton of rpms to get that thing going.  It is almost considered a secondary turbo in a compound setup for a towing application.  

What A/R housing is on it?   T3 or T4 foot on it?

Honestly you need some REALLY big sticks if you want to have any hope of lighting that thing.  I would fix any boost leaks, add 6 x .013 injectors and hope it lights by 2500 rpm.  

Capture.JPG

Edited by Me78569

What are your goals for this truck?

That turbo wont make boost with your injectors.  You need more fuel and more rpms to get that thing to light.

I would recommend ditching the turbo and going with a 62 sxe or similar sized setup from @dieselautopower depending on your goals.

If you want to keep that turbo i would suggest at least 6 x .013 injectors.

Edited by Me78569

Talk to weston at infinite performance.  Way better injector for the money.

You will still only have a truck that makes power above 2500 rpm.  You wont be able to tow and i wouldnt want to dd it.

If the truck has dd duty and you want over 550 hp i would recommend twins.  

Vp trucks just dont do big singles well.  

I still dont think that turbo is right at all. It flows way more than you need.   Why try and under use a turbo?  Takes forever to get into a useable part of the map and you waste the top end of the map.

Its just the wrong turbo for a vp

Edited by Me78569