• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where to Buy Multifunction Switch?

It's been several years since I've had to buy anything electrical for a vehicle.

Years past I bought Napa components since that was the only game in town.

These days one well respected independent shop recommends O'Rielly's, saying they won't buy Napa electrical parts, while some knowledgeable friends have had problems with O'Riell'ys parts.

I need a multifunction switch, which store is recommended for quality electrical parts?

Thanks

I bought one for mine about 4 years ago from Advance Auto, Standard motor products I think. Still works fine. None of the box stores make them, they just sell someone elses products. Sometimes in boxes with their name on them

Makes sense.

All I could find on the Napa website was Echlin brand, no idea of the quality.  I think Echlin used to be good.

I bought a Standard brand from O'Rielly's, lifetime warranty.  They had a different brand for 10 bucks less and a one year warranty.

It's probably hit or miss no matter where you go.  Oreilly's was carrying Borg Warner, now it's Standard or Blue Streak...or at least that's what the boxes say now.  Many years ago I had to buy a multi-function switch for my 93 F-250.  My wiper delay was inconsistent.  The first switch I installed only had one speed for the wipers, no high and no delay, only low speed.  I got another switch from another store, that one caused my squirters to run constantly when the ignition was on.  I drove to a 3rd store and finally got a switch that worked.  Thankfully the switch was easy to replace as I tested them in the parking lot before I left.  I don't think the manger at the last store believed I had gotten 2 bad switches in a row and put the second one I returned back on the shelf instead of in the warranty pile.