• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EGT Gauge Help

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since it applies to all generations of trucks, so please let me know if I should post elsewhere.

Last night I installed my new ISSPRO EV2 pyrometer, right beside my fuel pressure gauge.  Seemingly everything works correctly EXCEPT the actual reading of EGT!  When I turn on the ignition switch the red light comes on and the gauge needle drops to zero, then pops back up to where it was before; when I turn on headlights, the lights come on and dim the same as my other ISSPRO EV2 gauge.  The wiring colors match up with the directions.

I marked the thermocouple such that it should be in the middle of the exhaust, pre-turbo.  I have double and triple checked connections, including under the hood.  I have not yet disconnected the wiring from the gauge to ensure there is continuity through the thermocouple - I know there will be resistance, but it shouldn't be infinite.

Any other ideas?  It's 70 degrees here today, and in several miles of driving including hills of the non-bicycle friendly variety, the gauge didn't move.

EDIT:  I should've checked my connections triple and quadruple times; the solution was to wire as explicitly directed and shown in the instructions... :doh:
Works like a champ, now!

Edited by LorenS

• Owner

Glad you figured it out.

Now you might want to order the ISSPro USB programming cable. Then you can program your warning light and the gauge lighting, also how fast the needle reacts. 

I would post up more about this but the search function is now broke and I can't find the article or my forum post.

EDIT: Finally found it using Google. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man