• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VE pump tune up

• Owner

Hey gang. 

I've got a 1992 Dodge here that I've just installed injectors into. DAPs (5 x 0.011) +30 HP 1st Gen injectors. Now knowing what I do of tunning I know this pump needs a bump in timing. @JAG1 gave me the wrench for doing the timing. Now I need to know which way advances the timing. I'm thinking it turn it down as you stand at the driver's fender. 

It taps out at a mere 75 MPH and that all it will do for speed the owner would like to see more out of this. I'm thinking the governor spring is shot and not pulling the fuel pin as much anymore. I know I could opt for the 366 governor spring but that is a PITA to install. I'm thinking of just turning up the fuel screw more to compensate for the shortcomings. He's an older gent doesn't need a race truck just wants good power. 

• Owner

Hmmm.. Food for thought.

With these +30 HP injectors, it's just a tad smokey. Idle seems a bit low as well. Just want to add a few degrees at most. I'll have to dig the internet and see what I can find. Actually, the timing to advance turns the pump upwards towards the block.

Denny T fuel pin is a for sure of extra power they have some steep profiles. 

This pump still got all the smog caps on the adjustment screws. Untouched for 260k miles. 

Governor spring for 1st Gen.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/bosch-3700rpm-governor-spring-for-ve-pump

Fuel Pin Denny T...

https://www.dieselautopower.com/denny-t-stage-1-fuel-pin-1989-1993-dodge-5-9l-12-valve-cummins

Denny T Stage 1 Fuel Pin

Edited by Mopar1973Man