• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Okay I’m not sure I fully understand what putting in a lockup switch will do. I understand how it works and why to put it in but I need to know exactly what changes when it comes to drivability. 

I guess what what I would like is a 3 way lockup switch that

1. Has completely stock lockup function

2. Can lock/unlock the t/c on demand

3. Can just prevent lockup from happening until commanded by the switch and then can unlock via brake pedal. 

Is that hat how they all work? Or am I asking for something that doesn’t exist. 

Ultimately I want to keep it as stock as possible for people like my wife or whoever may use my truck but I also want to be able to delay lockup until I command it or completely block it’s ability to lockup with the flick of a switch because there are many scenarios that I find the t/c wants to lock to early which causes luging, bucking, and difficulty pulling some hills. 

• Staff

I know a three way switch won't work with this set up but if you splice in an on/off switch in the orange/black wire at the PCM connector B11 would keep the lock up from happening when the switch is in the off (open circuit) position. 

• Thanks 1