• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tire pressure

Trying to figure out the best tire pressure to run in BFG 265/75R16. I have a 2001 quad cab short bed 4WD. My daily drive is about 30 miles round trip with about 60% highway. Trying to balance ride quality with tread wear. Truck has hard tonneau cover, rear bumper that weighs about 140-150, and about 150 lbs of stereo equipment, and Bilstein shocks. Otherwise pretty much stock as far as weight goes. Please let me know what you think.

I would agree as well since your tires are a common size.  It's a bit of trial and error with goofy size tires.  Found that 44 in the fronts and 36 in the backs on 305/55/20's max 50psi load range E's got good ride quality without uneven wear...rotating religiously of course. 

Thanks for the responses. I was trying to be lazy and see if anyone had ballpark pressure for my tire size because it is so common and I haven't had time to scale the truck yet. Right now I'm running 50 front and rear. Might try 45 front 40 rear and see how it does. I've heard the BFG sidewall isn't as stiff as the Toyo and some other tires and that they needed a little more psi for better road feel. 

• Like 1