• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So many tow mirrors to choose from.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's what I got is power and heated. I'd love to upgrade to 3rd Gen towing mirrors but always find them for $300 or better.

Power tow mirrors

This is what I have, very happy with them. Was somewhat tempting to get the 4th gen power folding,  but no way I was gonna spend $400

Edited by Bojon

I'll take the truck for a long test drive today (after the brake work is done) with the mirrors flipped up and verify still no shake before everyone spends money on them.  Its been about 6 months since I installed them and I usually don't drive with them in the up position unless I'm towing (which isn't very often).

A note on the installation of these:

There isn't much thread to get the nuts on the studs.  One of them I had to unscrew the stud out so I could get the nut on it.  I got about a thread or two by hand and then used a wrench to tighten them down and pull the metal plate and mirror tight to the door.  It's a hefty backing plate so it don't bend, and holds it all super tight.  

• Like 1

I think I'm going to do 4th gen. 

I think I can retain my power mirrors. Though I'm not sure the heat works anymore.

Any of you guys willing to post photos of the 3rd and 4th gen mirrors mounted. 

I'm really tired of not being able to see and scared to change lanes

Edited by Evan

7 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

A note on the installation of these:

There isn't much thread to get the nuts on the studs.  One of them I had to unscrew the stud out so I could get the nut on it.  I got about a thread or two by hand and then used a wrench to tighten them down and pull the metal plate and mirror tight to the door.  It's a hefty backing plate so it don't bend, and holds it all super tight.  

When I installed mine the the upper bolt was too long and had to cut off so the door panel would fit. Shortness was not a factor 6 or 7 years ago.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

When I installed mine the the upper bolt was too long and had to cut off so the door panel would fit. Shortness was not a factor 6 or 7 years ago.

Maybe I got your stud? :shrug:

Brake change is done.  Truck brakes much better now.  During my break-in I drove around and watched the mirrors.  While up there is a little shaking even just idling.  It's not really noticable unless you're starring at the mirrors.  It's more vibration and not so much shaking.  Its more like the whole truck vibrating because I can feel it in the arm too.  Like I mentioned before, it's not noticable unless you're starring at them.  

I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in a nice tow mirror.  Plugs right in and heat and power adjust still works like stock. :thumb1:

• Thanks 1

Hold off on ordering https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Mirrors-Compatible-1998-2001-1998-2002/dp/B01M1JU6M2/ref=pd_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FENBKXTK0MXCN48X3MCQ

I received the mirrors yesterday and upon opening them this morning, they are used. I guess someone didnt like the way they functioned or they may have stopped working, so they returned them. They have scratches from being ran through a bush and bug remaines on them too. I hope this was a mix up and not they way they do business now days. They are boxed up and ready for return tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes with the return and if I order another set.

53 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Hold off on ordering https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Mirrors-Compatible-1998-2001-1998-2002/dp/B01M1JU6M2/ref=pd_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FENBKXTK0MXCN48X3MCQ

I received the mirrors yesterday and upon opening them this morning, they are used. I guess someone didnt like the way they functioned or they may have stopped working, so they returned them. They have scratches from being ran through a bush and bug remaines on them too. I hope this was a mix up and not they way they do business now days. They are boxed up and ready for return tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes with the return and if I order another set.

That sux.  I didn't see anything in the reviews about that issue so I'm sure its not a frequent event (people tend to write reviews about bad experiences more than the good ones).  I hope its just a mix-up on their part.

55 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

This will be interesting...please keep us dated.  I hate buying "new" and turns out to be false.

I returned the used mirrors monday and my account was credited back early tuesday morning. I re-ordered the same mirrors from the same company (Yitamotor) and they arrived today. Although I watched the UPS man carry them to the house next door, they came in great condition. Install is fairly simple and im very happy with the new mirrors. In the down position, the driver side is rock solid and the passenger side has a minimal vibration, I think the stock sport mirrors I removed had more. In the up position the both have a little shake to them but not a deal breaker by any means. One thing I see alot of people talking about it cutting the top stud on the driver side so it doesnt interfere with the electric mirror switch but I found it would interfere either way so I took a razor blade and cut down some of the glue and plastic on the back side of the switch and it all fit perfectly. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to yall.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, 98whitelightnin said:

I like it better than the 3rd gen style. My 2012 had these mirrors and I liked them alot. It will take some getting used to since the large passenger side mirror is flat instead of convex, but the larger convex mirrors are nice.

The 2nd gen style I have now are both flat. Can't remeber if the OE was convex or not. I am thinking not since the tow mirrors have the small convex mirror. 

Edited by dripley

6 hours ago, dripley said:
7 hours ago, Evan said:

Ok you sold me on the 4th gen mirrors. 

Did you lose your antenna after you used it to unlock your door

No, I have a problem with making things worse when I try to fix them. it was bent and while trying to straighten it out, the base was rusty and broke off. I tried the unscrew the little ring off the base but it was seized, I actually got it to come loose the other day but need to pic up another next time I make it to the wrecking yard.

The 2nd gen style I have now are both flat. Can't remeber if the OE was convex or not. I am thinking not since the tow mirrors have the small convex mirror. 

The oe sport mirror on the passenger side was convexed but no 3rd or 4th gens are.

I stopped and got a square of foam from hobby lobby and stuffed a little piece I cut off behind the passenger mirror and the vibration is all gone.

Edited by 98whitelightnin
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

The oe sport mirror on the passenger side was convexed but no 3rd or 4th gens are.

Mine were tow mirrors and not the Sport mirrors. Just manual though.

30 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

I stopped and got a square of foam from hobby lobby and stuffed a little piece I cut off behind the passenger mirror and the vibration is all gone.

I like that idea. Simple, have to try it on my passenger mirror. It vibrates more than I like.