• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Evan

So many tow mirrors to choose from.

I have race truck mirrors on my truck. Have lived with them for about 15years. I now have welder in the back window so only have mirrors. The race truck mirrors look good but I cant see **** so many blind spots and no view when turning my head to see ttaffic.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232151453539

These caught my eye. I dont care that they have led. Dont even really care if there manual or powerd adjust. I think they look good and should improve rear and side view.

Driving our dump truck is a better experience because I can see so much better.

What mirrors is everyone running. I always look to ebay first for most parts like this.

Thanks for any replied

A few people have bought these mirrors (without signal light). I just bought a set today after breaking mine:duh:. Theyre Power control (not folding) and heated. They are on sale for 188.

https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-mirror-pair/i/trmrp00029?f=1111688&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsYrpmYmp4QIVkp6fCh0-Ng2cEAQYASABEgIHTvD_BwE

I've heard Amazon sells them too, but not with the best reviews. Maybe just lower quality components. My current ones for example, the mirror lense shakes bad?

5 hours ago, Evan said:

I have race truck mirrors on my truck. Have lived with them for about 15years. I now have welder in the back window so only have mirrors. The race truck mirrors look good but I cant see **** so many blind spots and no view when turning my head to see ttaffic.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232151453539

These caught my eye. I dont care that they have led. Dont even really care if there manual or powerd adjust. I think they look good and should improve rear and side view.

Driving our dump truck is a better experience because I can see so much better.

What mirrors is everyone running. I always look to ebay first for most parts like this.

Thanks for any replied

Got mine from 1aauto also. You will need the mounting brackets. If powered you will need the door switch to operate them. The heatepd part needs the hvac control with on/off switch. Both are easy to find. If your is an SLT the wiring should be there, just plug and play.

Beware, the ones you link are for a 3rd gen

Posted (edited)

I dont know if mines an SLT.

What does the mounting bracket look like. I'm assuming bolt pattern changes is that what the mounting brackets for?

Edited by JAG1

1 hour ago, Evan said:

I dont know if mines an SLT.

What does the mounting bracket look like. I'm assuming bolt pattern changes is that what the mounting brackets for?

Actually backing plate would be a better description. It goes on the inside of the door under the door panel. The mirrors need the extra support. Most of the tow mirrors come with them just the description tone sure. 

You can pull the screw out of the little upper triangular part of the door panel and peak in there and see if the plug for the mirrors is there.

I agree with the trail ridge mirrors posted above. Installed about a month ago. Very stable on the highway compared to the junk mirrors they replaced

If your getting the trail ridge from a1 auto, I would highly suggest the 4th gen style over the 3rd gen style. The convex mirror is larger and more useful. I have had those on my wish list for a while but other things keep coming up first.

@hdpwipmonkey that is a great price on those mirrors! They dont shake a bit in the up position while going down the road?

So far I’m not sold on the 4th gen mirror design over the 3rd gen style. 

Maybe some more miles will help, but at this point I’d suggest 3rd gen over 4th gen. 

4 hours ago, 98whitelightnin said:

@hdpwipmonkey that is a great price on those mirrors! They dont shake a bit in the up position while going down the road?

Nope, no shake.  I was a little hesitant buying cheap mirrors but so far so good.  I did have one issue with one of the mirrors.  One of the studs that screw into the mirror then goes through the backing plate was a little too short to get the nut on.  I had to unscrew the stud a little so it would be longer.  Even with the stud unscrewed a little from the mirror there is still no shake while driving. :thumbup2:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bojon said:

Which options @Mopar1973Man? I have the power heated tow mirrors on my truck,  set me back about $180

That's what I got is power and heated. I'd love to upgrade to 3rd Gen towing mirrors but always find them for $300 or better.

5 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Im going to order a set like hdpwipmonkey has.

Could you post a link please? I would love to to see the $143 dollar version.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's what I got is power and heated. I'd love to upgrade to 3rd Gen towing mirrors but always find them for $300 or better.

Power tow mirrors

This is what I have, very happy with them. Was somewhat tempting to get the 4th gen power folding,  but no way I was gonna spend $400

Edited by Bojon

I need to replace my junk mirrors. They shake so much while driving down the highway that they’re pretty much useless.

I'll take the truck for a long test drive today (after the brake work is done) with the mirrors flipped up and verify still no shake before everyone spends money on them.  Its been about 6 months since I installed them and I usually don't drive with them in the up position unless I'm towing (which isn't very often).

A note on the installation of these:

There isn't much thread to get the nuts on the studs.  One of them I had to unscrew the stud out so I could get the nut on it.  I got about a thread or two by hand and then used a wrench to tighten them down and pull the metal plate and mirror tight to the door.  It's a hefty backing plate so it don't bend, and holds it all super tight.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think I'm going to do 4th gen. 

I think I can retain my power mirrors. Though I'm not sure the heat works anymore.

Any of you guys willing to post photos of the 3rd and 4th gen mirrors mounted. 

I'm really tired of not being able to see and scared to change lanes

Edited by Evan

7 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

A note on the installation of these:

There isn't much thread to get the nuts on the studs.  One of them I had to unscrew the stud out so I could get the nut on it.  I got about a thread or two by hand and then used a wrench to tighten them down and pull the metal plate and mirror tight to the door.  It's a hefty backing plate so it don't bend, and holds it all super tight.  

When I installed mine the the upper bolt was too long and had to cut off so the door panel would fit. Shortness was not a factor 6 or 7 years ago.