• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Get rid of wind noise permanently

Hey all, I couldn't find this info here yet, so I thought I'd share. I can't claim this fix as my own, I found this video and followed the same procedure. 

Before doing this I had terrible wind noise from both of my doors. I tried the 2x4 trick, and adjusted the door hinges and was able to reduce the noise, but it was still an issue with strong cross winds. 

To do this you need three items: 

Fish Tape

Latex tubing (I used the 3/8" ID 1/4" OD recommended in the video)

Lubricant (I used  a product called LiquiFix because its odorless)

The procedure basically requires you to remove the weatherstripping from the truck. You then use the fish tape and insert it all the way through the weatherstripping. Attach the latex tubing to the and of the tape, and with lots of lube (be very generous) pull the latex through the weatherstripping. 

The first one I did took a while because I was stingy with the lube. The second took me all of 10 minutes from beginning to end. I reinstalled on the truck, readjusted the doors to match the body lines. All I can say is wow. There is a very positive feeling to the doors now, both latching and opening. Best of all the cab is silent now, no  more wind noise going down the highway. If I were going to do it again, I would use latex tubing of a slightly smaller diameter, or get some that was thinner wall. Total cost for me was about $40 for the latex tubing. If you do try this route, just beware that the link for latex tubing in the video is not a continuous piece. I paid a few dollars more for 40 feet of continuous tubing, looks like I have roughly 12 feet leftover. 

Overall incredibly easy, and great results

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1