• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lions and Tigers and Brazilian 53 Blocks

Ok.... I in a fit of madness.... after a few beers put my 2500 on ebay.uk about a month ago when I was hitting a brick wall with the seatbelt solenoid it is 4x4 but auto, my drunken plan was to weigh it in and get a 40's/50's Dodge job rated, minimum electrics, no seatbelts, no ecu's, no nowt, I was only half serious and put £15k as a starting price, within 15 minutes of hitting the button I'd had 2 messages from 2 different people wanting more info and I'd listed it as it was and not bigged anything up, I chickened and cancelled the listing straight away, yes those 2 could have been wasters who knows

£15k is just under $20k

4x4 here would be worth shipping over..... not sure on 4x2 :shrug:

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Not all 53 blocks will crack as @cajflynn about his 1.3 million mile 53 block and hauling boats.

Thanks Mike, I think some buyers get off base considering the number of blocks made that were 53 castings, they were found in the 12 valve Cummins and all the way up to 2001 and I saw an article where a 2002 said he had one in his truck. The thing is if you had one and let's say it's going to crack or already has, do you pour gasoline on it and lite it up or do you start looking for ways to repair it. I started out welding cast iron in 1972 with Oxy/Acetylene but in the late 1990s McKay had some cast rods that made it easy to repair cast. You need to peen it with a dull chipping hammer, good insurance. I'm sure there are some reasonable places that can do this. I've seen some individuals poor in the stop leak and keep driving it until they get a used block. What I'm trying to get across is it's not the end of the world, you deal with it. Hope you are doing great Sir and thank you for this Forum

57 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Ok.... I in a fit of madness.... after a few beers put my 2500 on ebay.uk about a month ago when I was hitting a brick wall with the seatbelt solenoid it is 4x4 but auto, my drunken plan was to weigh it in and get a 40's/50's Dodge job rated, minimum electrics, no seatbelts, no ecu's, no nowt, I was only half serious and put £15k as a starting price, within 15 minutes of hitting the button I'd had 2 messages from 2 different people wanting more info and I'd listed it as it was and not bigged anything up, I chickened and cancelled the listing straight away, yes those 2 could have been wasters who knows

£15k is just under $20k

4x4 here would be worth shipping over..... not sure on 4x2 :shrug:

Most want a 4x4 and I think it would already be sold if it was a 4x4 but some are happy on the road with 2x4 depending on application. Considering the price I STARTED at, $13,780.00 and all you don't have to deal with buying a used truck I thought it was fair

I think it depends where you live as well as what you will be using it for, and what your driving conditions are. For example, I live in an area that have some of the most extreme winters in North America. I drive my truck year round. For this reason, a 2wd isn't worth anything to me. But, that doesn't mean it isn't worth something to the right buyer.

Damn ... that truck is beautiful! That’s literally what I just bought except red and no camper shell. Unfortunately 4x4 is what most people go after but such a flawless truck like that should still fetch a nice price. Your not far from Florida,  specifically Ocala. The horse capital of America. Trucks like ours were made for areas like that. To pull trailers on the highway. I know people want to go mudding and what not but that’s such a rare activity compared to doing work and pulling a trailer . I’m in flat west Texas and all my trucks are 2wd. They ride better, weigh less and get a little better fuel economy. I don’t understand how accept for obvious mountainous and high frequency bad weather areas people don’t favor a 2wd . 

I have to agree with both the previous 2 posts, horses for courses but to be fair where you are and the condition of your truck I wouldn't drop the price at all that is stunning and about where I'm at price wise for my 4x4 auto and I have by no means finished fixing it, cost me £7K spent £3K and nowhere near done so converted into $ mine is high and it's still rough but we do get bad winters here every so often so 4x4

I understand you are having difficulty driving it but that truck is a keeper and a future show truck... it's even still got it's jack :pant:

2 hours ago, wil440 said:

it's even still got it's jack :pant:

So I can get extra $1k just because I still have the jack?

Kidding aside that is good looking truck. Mine is not even close. I think I would stick to your price.

Edited by dripley