• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How long do you have to keep the batteries disconnected  to drain the computer, in order to reboot?

I need it to be rebooted so that it will shift out of 1st gear (automatic trans) without removing the relay & manually shifting only giving me 2nd, & 3rd gears. 

Edited by Rayce
Spelling glitch

Draining all the power out of the system is as simple as removing ALL 4 battery main wires from the battery terminals BEFORE touching the negative and positive main wires together on each side.  It will complete a circuit without the batteries in the loop and use up the rest of the power in the system.  DO NOT do one at a time or you will fry some stuff and have 2 problems on your hands.  

With that said I agree with the previous posters...sounds like you have a transmission problem that draining your system of electricity will not help.