• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Posted (edited)

How long do you have to keep the batteries disconnected  to drain the computer, in order to reboot?

I need it to be rebooted so that it will shift out of 1st gear (automatic trans) without removing the relay & manually shifting only giving me 2nd, & 3rd gears. 

Edited by Rayce
Spelling glitch

You could leave unplugged for a mont and it is still going boot up like it always does at key on. Sounds like you have a problem somewhere else. But I dont know auto trannys at all.

Draining all the power out of the system is as simple as removing ALL 4 battery main wires from the battery terminals BEFORE touching the negative and positive main wires together on each side.  It will complete a circuit without the batteries in the loop and use up the rest of the power in the system.  DO NOT do one at a time or you will fry some stuff and have 2 problems on your hands.  

With that said I agree with the previous posters...sounds like you have a transmission problem that draining your system of electricity will not help.